Project Panda

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Re: Project Panda

Post by MattyB »

Had the dreaded MOT today. The previous 4 years it has failed on things like needing new ball joint, new brake pads, emitions etc. This year it PASSED first attempt! :D You won't believe how pleased that makes me!! Means i can carry on messing with the car instead of trying to fix it to get through its mot.

Hopefully should have a few more updates soon.
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Ahh glad she passed :)
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
iToMo x
CB-Uk User

Post by iToMo x »

Your car is coming along nice, Am trying to find a GSi Bumpers, Skirts but they are like over £150 :(
VW Bora Highline 150 TDi
roperstun
CB-Uk User

Post by roperstun »

well done mate i bet ur over the noon now
[size=150][color=#4080BF] PVS next year?

i think so :) [/color][/size]
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

iToMo x wrote:Your car is coming along nice, Am trying to find a GSi Bumpers, Skirts but they are like over £150 :(
Cheers. Hopefully should be done soon. And all look good

I might know sum1 selling the sideskirts and arches for £75

Let me know if you want me to find out if he still got them.
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

seriously..thats gonna look uber nice lol..its exactly what i wanted to do with mine,but dont have the money for that kind of thing which is why i went rally style.
i take it your gonna do the front bumper black as well? and the spoiler?
cant wait to see the finished product..and as for the decals..i wouldnt bother,i think they would spoil it..just put a few small ones along the bottom of the rear windows to give it a sporty look and will be spot on.
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

Cheers for the comments dan.

To answer the questions about the bumper and spoiler. The bumper yeah it's going to be sort of black. :meh: I'm keeping it white but the middle section is going to be painted black to match the sideskirts and to help it flow! I'm bit confused by the spoiler question! It's already black! :lol:

I've got a pair of the sites corsa-b logo's that are going to be going on the rear windows ready for the show! (If we get enough cars that is!)
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

sorry ment to say are u keepin the spoiler black lol.

i think it would look better if u done the front n rear bumpers all black.
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

Right got ya! Yeah i'm keeping the spoiler black.

I don't know about the whole of the bumpers black. Not sure if it would look to over the top on the black front!
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

i dont think it would be over the top at all mate.i think it would really set it off nice.just put white mesh in the front grills.
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

Got some big news from the weekend!!

I tried changing the driver's side hub today to see if it was this that was causing the problem with the wheel not fitting.

Eventually got it all changed and guess what?? It WORKED!!! :D I've finally managed to sort the problem and got all four new wheels on. All i need now is to sort out the centre caps. Think it looks much better. (Photo's abit dark so will take another tomorrow!)

Unfortuantly the steering wheel doesn't line up right now as tracking is off. (so this needs sorting)! It is very light steering until you try tight turns when it gets heavier.

While i had the wheels off i also changed my front anti role bar bushes. I managed to get four uprated one's for £15. (Don't know if it'll make much of a difference if any but still).

Also recieved some blue interior light switch panels (headlight switch and foglight switches.)
Once i'm paid i'm going to get my electric window switches done aswell.
Ignore the headlight adjuster panel as this will eventually be removed.

Well thats about it for this weekend as i was working on saturday. At work all weekend next week so prob no update till 2 weeks time.
roperstun
CB-Uk User

Post by roperstun »

its coming along mate.

what you mean your gona remove the light switches eventually?
[size=150][color=#4080BF] PVS next year?

i think so :) [/color][/size]
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

your cars gonna look wel nice when its done.
MattyB
CB-Uk User

Post by MattyB »

Cheers Dan, It's gonna be a bit of a struggle/rush to get all the jobs done for PV show. Hopefully in next week or so the brakes should be done, as soon as we have some decent calm wether the primer should go on the wing, scuttle panel and rear bumper, so i can then get these final painted. Once there done the new wing will go on so i can finish the sideskirts off.

Hopefully those bits should be done for the show. It's the gsi front bumper i'm not sure if it'll be done in time. Need to fill it yet, before primer and painting etc! Then wiring up the fogs.
roperstun wrote:its coming along mate.

what you mean your gona remove the light switches eventually?
To answer your question, i'm not getting rid of the light switches. well not all of them. On the picture of the new blue lights you can just about see the yellow lighted headlight adjuster switch. I'm going to be removing this as i can't use the headlight adjuster with my angel eyes. :meh: So no point it being there. :lol: Hope this clears it up.
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Wow, dash is brighter then the Blackpool illuminations! :lol:
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol: