Spoliers and fitting :D

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

Hello again

Ive seen lots of the normal gsi style spoilers about

http://www.potn.com/-_c2750_3039_3042_3986_p2125184.htm

just wondering how do u fit them , i just have the basic corsa merit 3dr 96

Pics woudl be nice :D

Do they stick on which i woudlnt have though or clip or bolt on

Reagrds lee
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

oo so does that mean id have to drill hole in the back bit where the spolier looks asthoguh itl fit :S soz not good wid cars
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

funn im leafel with a drill \"calls in a loud vioice DDDDDDDDAAAAD \"

lol
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

could i just stock it on hehe :S mite work hehe
BAD ASS CORSA
CB-Uk User

Post by BAD ASS CORSA »

There are 4 bolts, but there is no reason why you couldn\'t pull them out and bond it on. Would be k if you done it properly.
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

yea wht i was think just dont let no one lean on it. Maybe another way it to drill a coupe of holes down the sides and sorta let the glue go into the holes and set so u have liek the extra grip.

so i should be able to just stick the spoiler straght onto the back
Addy
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Addy »

alright mate i fitted one to my corsa from halfords just drill holes for the top two bolts (the other ones interfere with the boot lifting arms) then use mastic to stick the side bits on. dead easy takes bout a hour then a couple for it to dry :clap: .
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

have you got any pictures at all. Also how do u atch the bolts from the inside (nuts=) kind reagrds lee
Addy
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Addy »

no pics sorry. basically you get six pices of thread (bolts with no heads) but you will only need two. these screw into the spoiler put a bit of grease in the holes to stop them rusting. also dont over tighten as it will split the spoiler. you then need to drill the two holes in the boot at the top. just marry the spoiler and the boot and mark them. measure as many times as poss until your happy. place the spoiller on to see if it looks right and modify the holes using the drill until its perfect. put the spoiler on and open the boot lid (may need a bit of help) bit more grease on the exposed bits then screw the bolts on again don\'t over tighten. when you happy whip it off put plenty on clear mastic on the inside of the spoiler and on the boot where it will sit, leave to go tacky (bout 2-3 Min\'s) and put it back on and do up the nuts. leave at least over night longer if poss to dry and hey presto.