Fitting a Subwoofer.

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

123_JST
CB-Uk User

Re: Fitting a Subwoofer.

Post by 123_JST »

Anyone got a little tutorial as to how to fit a sub??? Cheers Pics would help of anyone who's fitted 1. Cheers 8)
[b]123_JST[/b]
iDan
CB-Uk User

Post by iDan »

Im gunna post a tutorial after ive taken some photos.

Gunna wait for the weather to warm up a bit 1st tho xD
[url]http://www.iCorsa.co.uk[/url]
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

still in need of an idea why i would have an amp switch???? lol
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
dancotton2003
CB-Uk User

Post by dancotton2003 »

amp switch :)

basicly some people fit an "amp switch" to there cars if they have small children or animans as then when there in the car can turn the sub off and not deffen their beloved things :) easy as

and fittin a subwoofer

is easyyyyyyy

right first of all you need to run ur powercable there are several diffrent methods

can either fit it through the door f**k up ur seals but people dont think about that lol

or you can take the gromit out from just behind the fuse box cut a cross out (X) then feed the wire through there using a little silcon to make sure 100% water tight,

then run by the seal accross the front of the engine ( or some where where its not going to move or rub on somthing)

then run it under ur carpets or under the plastics near your doors ECT using a tourque key

to the boot

then run your phono cables RED AND WHITE simpally plug into the back of ur head unit then behind the dash for a neat job a bit of ball ache but worth it or just duck tape it to the bottom of your glove box (quick) then down the plastics at the bottom of the doors whilst running them you may aswell run your remote cable (this cable turns your amplifier on) you should have a remote cable on your wiring behind your head unit.

then you need to establish the Earth conection (so your car doesnt become a ball of electricity and ur amp doesnt trip.

i connected mine to one of the bolts in my lights(if doing this get some sand paper and rub the paint off so you get the best earth possible) or you can hide it behind your sub on the seat connector or basicly anywhere on the chasie of your car.

then once all wires are hidden can connect up to your amp,

make sure u strip the wires efficiently and then using your forefingerr and your thumb twist the wire tightly, on all cables.

connect the power cable into the +12 volts port (making sure your battery is disconnected or sparks will fly and damage will be done)

then the Earth cable to ground

then the remote cable,

ill upload a pick once taken.

then for your sub(S)
you want some thick speaker wire and connect (depending on cable) the coper wire to + and the silver wire to -

or the wire with a raise on the plastic coating to + and the smooth to -

then connect battery up after checking ur earth is well connected and ur power cable is well in there.

then conect battery up and turn it all on

hope it helps contact me if u need help :)
And I am back in a B after all these years whoop
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

ok cheers,so basically with the switch-i can turn it off and just have the 6x9s and standard speakers..and if turned on it will run the sub?

all my wires are there..and are tucked away neatly through to the boot-just gonna be a case of puttin all the wires in the right place.the matey that had the car before has put labels on the amp wires tellin me where they have to go.so should be really easy once i get my amp and sub.i will take pic of all the wires tmro so u can check i have all the right wires.

thanks again :)
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
cripp
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by cripp »

i have an amp switch fitted :P cuz my grandad soemtimes drives the car and dont want to blow his head off lol :P

its a cool switch tho :P
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

glad i now kno y its there.cheers all :lol:
masso
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by masso »

Some of the new head unit, like my new kenwood one you are able to turn off your amp with the head unit itslelf.

If i had an old head unit, i would consider doing the amp switch as sometimes my little baby niece comes in my car, she would be deaf! HAHAHAHA
boarderjaymee
CB-Uk User

Post by boarderjaymee »

i found it reli easy to wire up my sub and amp, just took a day of guessing and hoping for the best haha, and i couldnt find where my remote cable goes, so i wedged it in my fuse box in sumthin where when the ignition is on the amps on, works great lol
Krazy
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Krazy »

some people dont use the remote wire from the back of the stereo,
they connect a switch for remote live which is the switch your onabout.
the live feed runs directly from the battery to the amp allowing the remote switch also to run from battery
to switch then from the switch to the remote on the amp, this is for a couple of reasons.

1: when at a meet you dont wanna sit there with engine running. so you turn it off
2: after 10-30 old bill can do you for the noise hence the switch, you see them you turn it off
they bog off you turn it on lol
3: having a passenger that dont like the bass eg: your mom, so for the sake of her you turn it off