Fitting a Subwoofer.

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

iDan
CB-Uk User

Fitting a Subwoofer.

Post by iDan »

Hey guys, just bought myself a nice subwoofer.

But im kinda unclear on how to fit it.

Dont suppose someone could make a quick tutorial?

with some pictures perhaps?

Would be much appreciated. =]
[url]http://www.iCorsa.co.uk[/url]
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Re: Fitting a Subwoofer.

Post by danthemann »

yeh a decent tutorial for fitting sub and amp in boot would be very useful :)
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
iDan
CB-Uk User

Post by iDan »

I worked it out. :)

Might post some pics and make a tutorial myself.
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

i havnt got my sub n amp yet...but when i get it im gonna need some help :?
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

lol...seemin as u got some interest in the matter Dan ill drop some pics and a tut in athe next week or so. It really easy in many respects just a bit fiddley if u want it all well neat. The hardest part is the live feed for the amp. I had to make an extra hole in an existing firewall grommit to get the feed into the car. i've not wired it through the doors or under doors trims cos the bolts are stuck solid and i had no wd40 at the time. So bear in mind that wanna wd40 the bolts night before and in the morning before u try takin em out. I bent my alan key and had to buy another set. That and tighen the bolts first a touch to break the factory tight screw seal (if u get me) then loosen em...wont come undone so easy if goin for loosen straight away. Do u understand the Remote power on cable concept by the way? To turn the amp on automatically when the engine starts. Sounds daft but i didnt quite understand it fully at first.
Fighting for Peace is Like Fornicating for Virginity
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

well all the wires are already there...all nice and neat under the carpets and ready and waiting in the boot lol..just have lots of wires for amp and sub,but dont know where they all go when i do get sub n amp..

also,dont know if this makes a difference-but i have a switch in my centre console for the amp? it was put in custom by previous owner :)
iDan
CB-Uk User

Post by iDan »

haha, thats pretty much pointless.

mine just turns on when the stereo is on :p
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

when u say a switch u mean a manual on/off switch or do u mean like a pre amp that u can change the bass, treble settings on the go instead of directly at the amp? The Red wire is the power cable, the blue one is remote power, the two RCA audio are proably inputs from headunit to amp. Other wires u may need to get is another set of rca cables for amp to subwoofer. The amp instructions will state where u gotta plug em in.
dancotton2003
CB-Uk User

Post by dancotton2003 »

mine just consists of 2 amps 4 subs and 4 6x9's

nd a ciorsa thats so heavy it dunt go over 120 :)

=

3 new back windows and a court order :)

but a O_o love it :)
9000 watts of bass 2 batts lol im just kin stupid though :)
And I am back in a B after all these years whoop
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

lol..mate!! u blow the window while drivin or while bumpin tunes when stationary? think im gonna lay off the heavy bass...maybe a 15" 1000watt upgrade one on my current 12" 300watt splx sub. Wont be doin that for a while as wanna work on tweeters in A and B pillars and maybe wing mirror adjustment tweeter mods.
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

yeh its just a manual on/off switch lol...i dunno y its there.

but i know my mate used to disconnect is amp coz it drained his battery while the engine wernt running-guessin it wernt wired up rite?
dancotton2003
CB-Uk User

Post by dancotton2003 »

first time was parked up

and the second i was driving lol

and the last one the gf got in the car didnt relise i had the sound system turned her song up full wack and the second sum flicked to ready and she cried put it that way lmao :)
And I am back in a B after all these years whoop
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

anymore ideas on my amp switch? lol

tomorrow il get a pic of all the wires in my boot and see if anyone knows if i have everything i need.
iDan
CB-Uk User

Post by iDan »

Yeah you dont need an amp switch.

its supposed to be wired to the Blue (remote) wire around the back of your stereo.

then that gets connected to your amp.

i think. xD
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

hmmm lol...any ideas why there would be a switch for it then? im confuzzled about it :lol: