Rattling 6x9 - BOSS AUDIO OWNERS

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

Hey, my left rear 6 x 9 speaker rattles on particulaly bassy bits of songs.

I took the grille off of the speaker and gently put my finger on the sub bit of the speaker. The rattling then stopped. I also compared the movement on each speaker and the left one appears to be outputting more bass than the right one, possibly causing the rattling.

Any Ideas as to what it could be?

Cheers
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

Cheers for the reply mate.

Ive checked the FAD a milion times, but as for the wiring, one of the spade connectors from my driver side speakers came off so I clamped on a brand new one. MAybe the crappy speaker wire and connectors that came with the speakers need changing.

Ive got loads of spade connectors so I will go into halfrauds tmara to get some speaker wire.
Cheers
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

Well Ive rewired it with \"premium\" halfords wire, and it still rattled - so i took it apart and found that the actual sub bit of it has ripped off its base - hence causing the rattling. a wire has also disconnected from its solder lol - Does anyone know how to contact Boss Audio for a replacement?

Cheers
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

u can do a patch up job on speakers using clear nail varnish if it hasnt torn to bad, not ideal tho.
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

I hope you all have a good imagination!

Heres a pic, under the sub woofer part of the speaker, there is a circular pad thing with ripples on it that run parallel with the circumference. The bottom of the sub has like a cylinder that goes down and connects to the ripple bit, the connection between the sub and ripple bit has ripped and hence causes the ratling.

punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

i know the bit you mean, you could try glue etc, but dont think it\'ll work. maybe time to admit defeat and buy a new one :doh:
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

Aye - I would buy a new one if i could get in touch with Boss, otherwise ill have to buy a new set wont I?
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

lol will do if i find a number or whatever.
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

I still cant find out how to contact Boss. Anyone know?
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

how the hell did you find that website? LOL

and yes- I tried google lol
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Post by Breeze »

right the ebay guy who sold me em said he\'d send me some replacements if i sent them back to him :)

Cheers
purecarsound
CB-Uk User

Post by purecarsound »

[quote=\".\"]lmao! i got 2 boss subs and one of \'em has blown up in a similar way to your 6x9 from the sounds of it. as mark (justins3) he deals with boss stuff on his shop www.purecarsound.co.uk[/quote]

Simon. I have taken Boss Audio off the site at the moment, the build quality of the kit is.. not very good (thats polite!) and also, it isn\'t good when the UKDistributor (the person we have the dealer account with) sell the products he imports at a price that is basically equal to the dealer price (and a lot less that he stipulates the RRP should be) on Ebay!.

By doing the above, he is pricing all his official resellers out of the market, flooding the market with cheap kit and also, making the product cheap compared to similar products on the market.

I will still say as well that the PowerBass, USAmp and OZ Audio kit is the best around and will take the UK by storm this year in all the major sound off competitions.

Mark
Website no longer live. PM me with make/model for a quote
purecarsound
CB-Uk User

Post by purecarsound »

[quote=\"Breeze\"]right the ebay guy who sold me em said he\'d send me some replacements if i sent them back to him :)

Cheers[/quote]

:lol: didn\'t see that reply before I wrote my one above! Answers it all doesn\'t it!
purecarsound
CB-Uk User

Post by purecarsound »

A simple search on Google for Boss Audio give you the site, it is also still linked on purecarsound (i think)

I am still debating whether to re list the Boss kit and have it all displayed even though the UK Distributor is undercutting on Ebay all internet resellers he supplies.

Boss Audio USA have not responded to my emails and I have to say the kit isn\'t that bad after seeing it all in the flesh.
purecarsound
CB-Uk User

Post by purecarsound »

[quote=\".\"]its not bad kit, its just not very strong[/quote]

? Not at work today? Was surprised to see the reply!

I have spoken to Dave regarding the Boss kit and he has informed me that the importer is being laughed at by the Audio World for the way he is running the business. So I am going to hold back on re-listing the stock (its all still on the site but not set to active) I might just list a few head units/DVD players for now.