Wiring a Sub

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

mikeL02
CB-Uk User

Wiring a Sub

Post by mikeL02 »

Hey guys, more problems for people to solve.
i bought me a sub and wiring, But have only a little idea on where and how to fit.
Firstly Power lead connects to car battery but i cant find a hole to put wire thru the back of the dash on passenger side (pics would be helpful)

Secondly connection from back of CD player to Sub, wheres the best place to hide wire ? )pics would be lovely)

Cheers 8)
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

Wiring a Sub

Post by Stuart_SRI »

you got yourself an amplifier mate??? connecting a cd player to a sub will hardly move the sub unless u got an inbuilt amplifier into the cd player.

the power cable goes thru the grommet which is on the passengers side right behind the glove box. you should be able to feel the rubber. Once this is located feed it thru and connect up to the battery.

as for hiding the wires throughout the car, your need a torque set with hexagonal keys. this will allow u to lift up the black trim up and slot the wiring underneath

hope this helps mate
Dodgy Dave
CB-Uk User

Wiring a Sub

Post by Dodgy Dave »

you should also be able to see the grommet from the engine bay
mikeL02
CB-Uk User

Wiring a Sub

Post by mikeL02 »

ahhh yeah found that , cheers, should be sorting it all out this weekend.

and yeah its got a amp built in :D
mikeL02
CB-Uk User

done all but...

Post by mikeL02 »

im unsure as to how to get the sub wiring thru the grommit. is the only way to get it thru the grommit the little hole in the middle ?

cos i cant see how i could get it thru with the big fuse box thingy on aswell :/

well unless i feed it in backwards. anyways help please :clap:
purecarsound
CB-Uk User

Wiring a Sub

Post by purecarsound »

[quote=\".\"]most h/u\'s come with a built in preamp, but they aint very powerfull! best to spend a few quid and get yaself a nice little amp to run ya sub off! it should sound better![/quote]

Couldn\'t agree more Simon.

Re getting it through the grommet, You need to start in the engine bay, and feed the end of the cable (furthest away from the little fuse box) in first. situate the fuse box somewhere where you can access it easily in case the fuse does go and then connect the engine end to the battery. Most wiring kits should have ample cabling to reach the boot.
Website no longer live. PM me with make/model for a quote