problem with dashboard lights

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: problem with dashboard lights

Post by stanc3w0rks »

dandadan wrote:Silly question but you haven't knocked the dimmer right down have you?

If not then the dimmer switch could be something to look at as its highly unlikely all the bulbs would go at the same time!!
No it is highly LIKLEY that they would all go as it extremley common in corsas. I have replaced mine 3 times and now i have given up lol

Sent from my Nokia 3210i
dandadan
CB-Uk User

Post by dandadan »

stanc3w0rks wrote:
dandadan wrote:Silly question but you haven't knocked the dimmer right down have you?

If not then the dimmer switch could be something to look at as its highly unlikely all the bulbs would go at the same time!!
No it is highly LIKLEY that they would all go as it extremley common in corsas. I have replaced mine 3 times and now i have given up lol

Sent from my Nokia 3210i
Seriously? I have owned a few B's now all for a few years plus each and never once had that problem. Only problem with bulbs I had were the heater control bulbs went out. I presume this problem is with the binnacle bulbs??
Drive it like you stole it
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah as said I've never experienced all the lights fail at once, I've had cheap bulbs that fused quickly but I've had my Smds in for over a year now and there still going
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

johnny wrote:Yeah as said I've never experienced all the lights fail at once, I've had cheap bulbs that fused quickly but I've had my Smds in for over a year now and there still going
Its been standard bulbs that have gone on me lol.

Sent from my Nokia 3210i
Jetski
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jetski »

There is no dimmer for the dash lights.
There's power at the fuse so I don't understand how it's not getting to the bulbs
Jetski
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Jetski »

diggerhole wrote:Dash is really easy to remove to check bulbs
Is it really? I can't see any obvious way to do it. How much of the dash needs to come out?
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Just around the clock and behind the steering wheel iirc.