Cavalier GSi2000 - £1200 ono

If you would like to advertise your car for sale in here, please ensure you follow the Forum Rules.
Chrex
CB-Uk User

Cavalier GSi2000 - £1200 ono

Post by Chrex »

Make - Vauxhall
Model - Cavalier GSi2000
Engine - C20XE
Mileage - 111000
Price - £1200 ono

Location - Wirral, Merseyside
Contact email address - ecco19@hotmail.co.uk

General information -

Well, it is with much regret that i have decided to sell my Cavalier GSi. Having been not old the whole truth when i got it, i am unable to keep it and do what i want to it, as well as afford my new place. My intention was to restore it an make it back to the former glory piece it was, but i have decided that im going to have to get a newer car and wont be able to afford the work on this :(

It is a 1991 (J-Reg) genuine GSi2000 2wd with a C20XE. It has covered 111K miles up to now. I have just put 12months tax on it (running until 31/1/11, and it's tested until May 2010. Exterior has full GSi kit, badgeless grille, 17" wheels, 60mm lowering springs and an espace front splitter. The interior is is pretty good condition, and is an extremely comfortable place to be. It is non-airbag and has a foxguard alarm and unknown aftermarket immobiliser. Even the little wipers on the headlights work too.

I have recently put a decat pipe on it and it has a stainless aftermarket backbox (single 3.5" inwardly rolled) which looks real tidy on the car. I have also recently replaced the handbrake cable and had had a new clutch and throttle cable and plugs/leads and belts. I have done 2 oil changes in 2000 miles both with genuine GM 10w40 oil and filters, and i took the SFI box off and all breathers and cleaned them out. Timing gear was done at 96k and is fine too. Two of the tyres are about 2 months old, and the front two are yoko A539's with a few thousand left on them...just above legal.

It looks the part and is a fantsticly comfortable car to be in.

Now, im not going to lie about the work that it needs...as it does need some!

Bodywork wise, it needs 2 new sills and rear arches. One side isnt too bad, but the drivers side arch and sill is in dire need of replacement. The other side is starting and the back of the sill needs doing. I was just going to get both sills and arches done, then thats it done. Also needs a couple of patches underneath, but the rear spring seat areas, and chassis legs are solid...which is normally the problem on these cars.

Suspension wise, i have bought a a pair of new front lower arms/ball joints, which i will include in the sale and also some Bilstein rear shocks that i havent had the chance to put on, as the current ones on the car are standard and the 60mm drop hasnt done them any good at all. Again, i will include these in the sale of the car.

The engine also needs looking at, although i dont thing the problem is a major one. The previous owner had removed the engine light, and although i have yet to put it back in (intending to do tomorrow - monday 8th) and get it fault tested, i think it is a cam sensor, as it is occasionally limiting at 4k. When it wants to run right though...it pulls brilliantly! It is also noisy from the top end for a few mins when cold, but this has been improving since i've been changing the oil often. The ICV may also need a clean as it occasionally idles up and down when warm, although it is nowhere near bad.

Unfortunatly, there is a buckle in one of the wheels, and this is causing vibrations at motorway speed. I tried to get it balanced out when the two new tyres went on (had all 4 wheels balance checked) but all it did was improve it a little, and it would be worthwhile getting some 15's maybe, although my plan was to change it to 5-stud and put vectra wheels and brakes on.

I think i have included everything here, but feel free to ask any questions. You can email me or text/ring me, and viewings are welcome if you are local enough.

I am after £1200 for it, but to be honest...make me an offer!

Here's some pics of it below, and as you can see...it certainly looks the part, and i get alot of attention when im driving it out and about.

As i said, i have a genuine reason for sale...but im not going to claim its perfect, as i was intending to restore it but just cant afford to do it now im going to be renting in a month or two.

Photos

joe holvey sxi
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Cavalier GSi2000 - £1200 ono

Post by joe holvey sxi »

i seen u ova day in petty stop wen there was 4 corsas there u where talking to russ nice gsi btw >=]
JOE HOLVEY :P