MMMM STRANGE

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

SHARPY
CB-Uk Newbie

MMMM STRANGE

Post by SHARPY »

ive got a jvc hu (no amp) so its just 45wx4 and i installed some 6x9\'s not long ago and if i fade all the sound to the rear left/right the bass & sound is quite good but if i have them both workin theres not much bass and they distort very easily whys this??? will it be because the internal amp in the hu focuses all its power into just the one 6x9 i fade it into.....
and shares the power between the two when i fade them equal??????

any help on this one (if you understand what the fook im on about ) would be aprieciated 8) cheerz
kawika
CB-Uk User

MMMM STRANGE

Post by kawika »

ye its because the 6*9 is receiving the power it needs so maybe get yourself a small amp
Freedom is only possibly, thanx to capitalisim
SHARPY
CB-Uk Newbie

MMMM STRANGE

Post by SHARPY »

i have a 300w (150x2) amp but i dont really want to take half my engine to bits(disconnect battery....alarm problems..ecu resetting etc just for the one power lead) through the grommet......unless theres an easier place to thread the power lead??????

anyone????
SHARPY
CB-Uk Newbie

MMMM STRANGE

Post by SHARPY »

[quote=\".\"]just stick it in! don\'t need to disconect your battery, its just safer that way![/quote]

the battery has to be removed m8 to get at the rubber grommet on the bulkhead....as you cant really get your hand down the back of the engine as theres about 2 inches of room!!!! :thumbs:
SHARPY
CB-Uk Newbie

MMMM STRANGE

Post by SHARPY »

yours an 8v? coz the 16v fills the whole engine bay
SHARPY
CB-Uk Newbie

MMMM STRANGE

Post by SHARPY »

mmm you would ave had a lot more room than ive got then m8...i probably can do it like but im a bit wary bout the ecu reseting if it takes longer than an hour (which i doubt it would) also the alarm will go off when i disconnect/reconnect the battery ill have to read up on how to disable it etc.....im gonna get my amp in one day (probably) lol
burns863
CB-Uk Newbie

just do it

Post by burns863 »

if u disconnect the battery it wil still be fine. i disconnected my battery to do mine, no problem at all. it only takes to seconds to d/c it and thread the new wires thru. :D just do it, what can go wrong? not much!
SHARPY
CB-Uk Newbie

MMMM STRANGE

Post by SHARPY »

managed it now m8s....i found the grommet under the glove box and put a hole in it from inside the car & threaded it through from inside the car to the battery......dint even need to touch the battery!

my 6x9s are much better / louder now too !!(obviosly)