1.6ltr full brake set/kit

Can't find what your looking for? Try asking in here & see if anyone has what your looking for!
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

1.6ltr full brake set/kit

Post by jar_jar89 »

im after a full all round set of all the bits needed to upgrade all four brakes to 1.6ltr version ones. the corsa i currently have is 1.2ltr but i wanna get the brakes sorted and out the way before i start gettin engine performance stuff sorted.
Any1 who got a set for sale or knows a website where i can get what im after just rop a response plz
Fighting for Peace is Like Fornicating for Virginity
jarjar
CB-Uk User

Re: 1.6ltr full brake set/kit

Post by jarjar »

hi bud the rears are the same so you just need the fronts, tbh id get the front brakes off an astra or cav 2ltr much better and hundreds of them in the scrappies and a direct swap for your standard ones think i payed £30 quid for a pair of callipers £45 quid for a pair of new disks and £25 for pads (admitedly not the 1s on the curent corsa) but they are really good and will look ace behind them new wheels from chrex ! 8)
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

so 2.0ltr are straight swap? just the disks, calipers and pads? no brake-fluid line and oil well upgrades? just flush the 4-dot and refill with 5-dot?
jarjar
CB-Uk User

Post by jarjar »

yeah straight swap the pipes and fluid are the same so use the ones you have unless you want goodridge type hoses. buy the disks and pads from the motor factors and get the calipers and mounting brackets from the scrappy. basically take your wheels off etc remove the old calipers and mounts, disks etc remove the the thin metal back plates and throw them away, then just rebuild in the reverse of removal using the bigger calipers etc really easy. just remember tho when you have done it the smallest wheel you can use is a 14" and even then some dont fit if you look at my project log there are some pictures of them should you need, hope this helps let me know how you get on 8)
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

will do. im not gonna be doin em for another month or so i dont think as got other stuff im doin 1st. but it near the top of my list of things to so i wanted to get a bit of info on it
offplot
CB-Uk User

Post by offplot »

i have a set of 2ltr brakes here that i am taking off my nova
were put on for mot and now removing due to me wanting to put the 3 spokes back on and they dont fit behind 2 ltr brakes.
if you want them - £50 the lot - discs and pads were NEW when fitted and are mint condition - calipers are not seized or have buggered dust seals on them either.
can be fitted for you if required and calipers can be painted (extra cost) if needed
based in north wales near rhyl
PM me if interested
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

u get my pm yeah?
offplot
CB-Uk User

Post by offplot »

i got your pm
any chance you can translate into non text talk so i can understand it :shock: :meh:
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

basically i want them if you can post them to me and paint the calipers in a green gloss colour similar to either of these colours of green :

http://classicsagogo.co.uk/acatalog/info_ELP004.html this one is the colour chart.
http://classicsagogo.co.uk/acatalog/Engine_Paint.html this one is the web page link. it the green gloss one that costs £8.99 i would want unless u can get cheaper. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREEN-G2 ... ccessories

the ebay link one would probably take to long to be posted from america and a bit costly but it is useful to give u an idea of what im after.

i could collect them from you in wales but it is quite far away from hull and i dont really have time to collect because im in examination period nearly now in my 2nd year at university. You said your after £50 for the lot, then additional charges if the buyer wants them painted (which i do in green please) and then i will also pay the postal and safe packaging costs. it should be around £75 in total i would imagine. It just a rough guess, if it more or less can u just let me know first please?
Thanks, Adrian
holmesgsi
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by holmesgsi »

jar_jar89 wrote:im after a full all round set of all the bits needed to upgrade all four brakes to 1.6ltr version ones. the corsa i currently have is 1.2ltr but i wanna get the brakes sorted and out the way before i start gettin engine performance stuff sorted.
Any1 who got a set for sale or knows a website where i can get what im after just rop a response plz
got the full setup of 2,0 here mint
offplot
CB-Uk User

Post by offplot »

brakes now sold