Possessed Head Unit! HELP!

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

burns863
CB-Uk Newbie

Possessed Head Unit! HELP!

Post by burns863 »

lol might sound a bit of a stupid subject but my head unit has a mind of its own. I have a JVC KDS6060 head unit, not a really expensive head unit or n e thing but it does what i want it to do. Its powering my standard front speakers, and a pair of 6x9\'s. Then I have my amp wired up to it running a 12inch sub. Everything has been fine for months and months now, in fact i think i installed it all in august. Its all been fine like i say when yesterday i was drivin along listenin to as bit of 50 cent and all of a sudden my cd player turned itself up to max. Since then, the volume wont stay down, it turns itself up on its own. None of the buttons work apart from volume and power. I cant eject the cd or change the track. I have tried resetting it by leaving the power cable out for about 30 secs, this reset all the sound and that but still had no joy.

he only way i can get the other buttons working is to detach the front panel of the stereo for a minute or so, and then put it back and turn it on. The buttons work then but only for about a minute then its back to not working again!! And as soon as i press the volume button up or down it just goes all the way up to max AGAIN!

I am guessing that my head unit is probably at fault even though I have not messed with it since i installed it. I am currently trying to get it replace at the shop where i bought it but havent had chance to get down to the shop yet. If they test the stereo and it appears that it works fine then has anyone else got any ideas what the problem could be? maybe a problem in my wiring or something? but like i say, the wiring has not been touched since it was installed months and months ago!

cheers for any help you can give