crossovers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Choppa7
CB-Uk User

crossovers

Post by Choppa7 »

is it possible to run 2 6.5 woofers and 2 tweeters of one crossover for door speakers. I have two sets of speakers but the crossover on one set knackered so the speakers themselves work fine, can i just attach the speakers to the working crossover?

Would this result in a loss of sound or is that down to the amp?

Is there anything else which would mean I couldnt do this

cheers :thumbs:
coollg
CB-Uk User

crossovers

Post by coollg »

well im not 100% i have just put a small install of 2 small subs and 2 tweeters in a box in the back. Ive used some crossovers bought from maplin to do this and it sounds perfect.

They work fine i find but the very big issue so where to put the crossovers as their pritty big

but they work and are pritty cheap

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod ... =&doy=10m3
Choppa7
CB-Uk User

crossovers

Post by Choppa7 »

i\'m planning on puttin the speakers in the door so could just tuck them away in the tray at the bottom where i\'m going to try my own door pods shortly :D
coollg
CB-Uk User

crossovers

Post by coollg »

as i said they work perfect for me and are very good value on prob is the size but im sure u could pop them in the cubby hole bits.
Choppa7
CB-Uk User

crossovers

Post by Choppa7 »

can they be connected in sequence to the amp then?

i.e. leave the existing amp + where it is, run the existing amp - into the new + then run the new - back to the amp?

or would i need to somehow split the wire and run them parallel?
coollg
CB-Uk User

crossovers

Post by coollg »

cant see why not.

before i put this in my car i accached it just to a simple home made amp maplin again. Sounded perfect.

all that crossover does is woofer channel has 3000hz and down so infacty is partly midrange and obvosuily 3000hz up is tweeters.

im not 100% sure wether u can link amps .

Personally id simply use the amp in the headunit (say 2 x 40) and use that for the door speakers with the crossover connected directly to the headunit amp and then youll have connecter for the tweeter and woofer speakers.

and then in the back obvously use a amp for the sub if any or even the rear speaker which id prooably say use the headunit amp.

Depends how much pwoer u want.

ive currently just using standard crossovers at the front. then i have two crossovers at the bqack that connect to the rear channels and so split both sides into 2 channels tweeter and woofer. which i have in an enclosure and boy it dont sound bad obvousily not as powerful as those nice big 300watt + subs but hey i only got 50watts of bass lol