project poket rocket

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Re: project poket rocket

Post by jar_jar89 »

yeah it propa gutter! im gettin a propa fibreglass boot build now so it will be more secure. and once the car got GSI kit on it, it will be a full body spray not just a blow ova
Fighting for Peace is Like Fornicating for Virginity
mackers2k9
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by mackers2k9 »

nice, how much is that going to set u back? and wa colour u planning on sprayin the whole car wen sorted everything out
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

the firbeglass build is about £120 then wateva i spend on audio, p,caps, dist block, parcel shelf to hide it etc. i dont really know what colour im gonna do it in. probs two tone black and green would make sense. but gonna get security tints installed sompoint and hopefully alloys from chrex. might do engine to 1.6 or sumin first before body work cos i will wanna get used to the more powerful engine first before throwin on expensive body kit and paintwork incase i have an accident from fishtailin or sumin lame. not that i particularly go drivin round fast often if at all. but who knows...new engine may mean new attitudue to drivin for a little while until i get it out my system!
mackers2k9
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by mackers2k9 »

thats not bad isit 120. i'm like stuck with wa to do with the colour with mine, i may keep the blue and black look, get some black tints, spray the chrome bits or silver w/e it is on my wheels blue, then carry on with the pattern on the interior. wa do u get for 120 then? like wa can u fit
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

£120 is just a full fibreglass bootbuild wih twin 12" sub mounts. can pay £150 for one with amp rack but will make that myself probs. Then wateva i spend on speakers and another amp cos still got the amp as they were kind enough to leave that behind! :D
mackers2k9
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by mackers2k9 »

thats not bad isi? i wan a boot build like tha, with an amp rack thingy :P does it look cool yea :d hahaha. how much u lookin at spending on speakers and stuff? i want one or two tv screens too :P woop woop.
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

pocket rocket?? and ur looking to put in a fat sound system? lol...surely u should be strippin it out?
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
mackers2k9
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by mackers2k9 »

yea, i no tha. but i dunno wa to do see, wan best of both worlds see. wan like speed and looks and killer system too. so i didnt no wa to call the project so jus made one up :s lol
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

lol well dont think pocket rocket was best lol...my advise if u want best of both(providing ur not too bothered about practicality lol)..would be to take the rear seats out..and put in a small sound system instead..and then strip the doorcards out but keep the speakers.that way u have good sound system without comprimising the weight too much,therefore keeping the speed.
corsa b-tick! civic ej9 1.4 sohc-tick! civic coupe ej6 1.6 sohc-tick! CRX 16V 1.6 dohc-tick! MB6 VTI Civic 1.8 DOHC-tick! EK4 Vti-tick! EJ9 Civic-current project!
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

lol...title should be "all round adequte" if u ask me! :P
the subs will be like £50-£80 each. the amps are class-d mono block so about £100 - £160 each (got one already) and new 5-way 6x9's will be £50 and maybe another set of tweeters for £30 - £50. then need new thicker gauge wire for power supply and decent distribution block for about another £50. so i dunno...like £450 on audio for the rear :o
mackers2k9
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by mackers2k9 »

i no :( lol, sounds gd though hahaha. yea i see wa u mean, dam ur good at this thing arent u mr hahaha. i'm jus goin along as my ride takes me, like i defo need to lower it thats like top of my list atm, where to go from there is another question :meh:
danthemann
CB-Uk User

Post by danthemann »

if i had £450 to spend on my car it would go on colour coding bumpers n that,bucket seats,and some front door speakers lol.oh and a cheap sub n amp.
and just go with whatever u feel needs doing...personally i think its the little things that make a big difference.
jar_jar89
CB-Uk User

Post by jar_jar89 »

lol...i dont have £450 to spend on it but i still will. just dont know if i can afford the £300 wheels from chrex, the rear audio and them green/black bucket + harness for another £700ish before PVS. probs will have to give it a go though! wil kick ass if i do have em all for pvs cos then hopefully by next year when i go the engine/exterior will be well on its way aswell