old speakers in back?

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Choppa7
CB-Uk User

old speakers in back?

Post by Choppa7 »

to cut a long story short.... I had a pair of jackson 6.5\'s in the door that stopped working, apparently the crossover was f**k. I got them replaced with lightning audio ones. works fine now!

However, they left the jackson speakers in the boot with the l;ightning box/wires etc. i guess cos i paid for them they figured i could have em and it was cheaper than throwing them out. When i got home i wired them up and plugged them into the cd player in my room and they worked ok but there was interference on the tweeters. I tried the woofers seperatly and they worked fine.

Could i now use these woofers in the car by either attaching them to what ive got in the door (above) or on the rear shelf (rockford 6x9\'s). Would i have to attach them to the amp or could i attach them in sequence to the other speakers??

like i say its a short story.

cheers folks :thumbs:
troublemaker
CB-Uk Newbie

old speakers in back?

Post by troublemaker »

I personally think that would be a false economy.

They will not add anything noticable to your output.

Do you have a subwoofer in the boot is the first question.
Choppa7
CB-Uk User

old speakers in back?

Post by Choppa7 »

yeah current setup is:
pioneer headunit 4x45w output
lightning 6.5\'s in door
1200w 150rms jackson amp
rockford 6x9\'s on shelf
12\" rockford sub in boot

i know the 6x9\'s and the sub kind of work against each other but i was thinking that it would add more top end to the rear of the car.

either that or leave the 6x9s on the shelf and insert the old speakers into the rear of the car where the passengers would sit to give more sound in the middle. I understand this will do nowt for volume but i thought it wuld improve more \'all round\' sound?

I think when they put the 6x9s in they used new wire so was going to attach them to the sleeper wire shown in another thread on here.?

appreciate the help/opinions :)