team muppetsport corsa

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

team muppetsport corsa

Post by muppetsport »

well, car once made 442bhp, it once ran a 12.3 1/4 mile at 125.7mph. then something odd happened.

the corsa was running at ten of the best 6 as part of team vauxhall at elvington. wasnt doing badly either, at 11:30 am when whatever went wrong went wrong, i was in 3rd place. by the end of the day finished up in 7th place as didnt get a chance to run it any more sadly. couple pics of car at totb.

oddly, that last pic was just before it decided to annoy me. had knocked the engine off in the que as i always do to let it cool down a bit, about 3 minutes later went to start it again and it was knocking its head in. not actually sure what has happened as yet. have began to rip it to bits anyway, it will be back hopefully bigger and better than before. already sold the phase 4 ecu which it made its 442bhp using, and planning on changing the inlet manifold to something else. with programmeable ecu id hop to see a touch more power than 442, although having a proper map and making similar power would actually do me fine. there is always room for some gas on it anyway.

so, will start the ripping it to bits pics now.......

more pics to follow shortly.
PaulW
Administrator

Re: team muppetsport corsa

Post by PaulW »

7th place tho on a buggered engine still is some achievment! There is definately more in this engine yet, you just need to make sure it stops misbehaving!

Mind, the amount of work you've done on this engine so far, you could probably fix it now with your eyes closed!
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

Post by muppetsport »

the random thing is its never ever due to abuse. its always broke for no reason or things that i really didnt have much control over. a liner i had pressed in dropping out, powder coated rocker cover done on the inside, and now, ive no idea whats happened to it, but it did it just starting the engine as 3 minutes before it was running absolutely spot on.

weird. i think jebus or whatever god it is a pray to doesnt want me to break into the 11's
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

Post by muppetsport »

finished doing some more parts removal to the car last night, engine shall be out later on if it stops raining, well i might just get on with it anyway as i need to find problem and fix it

last pic was how car was last night, all oil drained, everything off and ready to unbolt engine. wont take long to get it out, then strip it down and see what we broke.....

sold some parts though, phase 4 ecu and 550cc injectors have gone, and so has the air flow meter. this is a no return point now, proper management from here on in.just hoping the turbo i have now can run 500ish horses, if not will require changing for something else sadly
devo
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by devo »

u have got one pocket rocket there ? big respect to u for the times u was doing :shock: . hope to c it in action one time ?nice to c u do all the work on u engine u self :D
PaulW
Administrator

Post by PaulW »

Certainly making some progress there! Question is, by this time now is the engine out?!?!

you did bloody well with the ecu & loom sale :lol: but any decisions on what management for definate?? You think you will go for the cossie one??
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

Post by muppetsport »

yeah engine is out. did it in the pissing rain, head off aswell. ive got a few pics not many will upload tomorrow. valve guide failure is so far what has been found. cracked off and gone into combustion chamber.

badger. still, block is fine etc so can spend some cash on decent head work etc and a random inlet manifold
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

Post by muppetsport »

poor pics.....

if you can see in the last pic, piston in cylinder 3 has marks around the edges. that be the valve guide then.........

will get better pics when get on with the rest of it etc.
PaulW
Administrator

Post by PaulW »

yeah can see the pics dude... fcuk :(

it seems at 442bhp, the head is the weakspot...

:(
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

Post by muppetsport »

PaulW wrote:yeah can see the pics dude... fcuk :(

it seems at 442bhp, the head is the weakspot...

:(
id not say that as such really. id say if there have been previous issues with the head before i got it, then the heat caused by tge amount of boost the engine runs wont help things. head will be a good one next though thats for sure. already arranged for porting, double valve springs, bronze guides and over sized one piece valves
muppetsport
CB-Uk User

Post by muppetsport »

thats it for today, took the wiring loom out as it is no longer needed ever again.........