Project: New Engine Rebuild (X16 - something special)

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
PaulW
Administrator

Project: New Engine Rebuild (X16 - something special)

Post by PaulW »

THIS PROJECT HAS NOW BEEN ABANDONED

http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8969

Well now as the GSi is 'sort of' running, I've decided to start the next phase, and build up another engine to put in :) This one will be a little special though, no details as to why yet, and I'm not giving anything away either so don't ask :lol: You will just have to keep up with the slow, tedious, lengthy progress as and when it happens :P

I've not long since got back after picking up the donor parts, complete X16XE bottom end with F15CR gearbox, Mtech quickshift :) All from a X-reg 1.6 Sport, with only 67k on the clock, courtesy of Dean_W :wave:

Few pics as to how it currently stands sat in the back of the GSi as I'm going to be shifting it to a shed tomorrow to begin work. Although I need to buy an engine stand first!!

Need to completely strip the block down, pistons, rods, crank, oilpump, etc... all off. Gearbox has to come off to, and be sorted out itself. The quickshift I'm not too sure about, I'll need convincing if its worth it tbh, as I can shift gears pretty damn well as it is, and I'm a bit worried I might break it.

Plan is to get this built up and running for PVS next year, but if not at least I'll still be bombing about on the current lump till its done :)
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
Adam-D
Administrator

Re: Project: New Engine Rebuild (X16 - something special)

Post by Adam-D »

very nice, my personel experience, the quick shift is good when really going for it,
when your not you have to blip the throttle to change down,
mine, 5th, you really have to know where it is same with 3rd

apart from that i really like it
PaulW
Administrator

Re: Project: New Engine Rebuild (X16 - something special)

Post by PaulW »

I can but try it I suppose. If I don't like it I can always swap it back :) But then again I don't know if it will be suitable for what I need...

Not moved the engine yet, just waiting on a call from a mate to help shift it.
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam: