Custom Subwoofer

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

coollg
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by coollg »

Hi

I am thinking of building my own sub woofer encloser

Gonna be made from mdf

I have created a very simple cad design of the enclosre

o yea there will be one each side of the boot facing inwards
it will be using 1 6.5 inch sub woofer

specs

55watt rms
Res Freq 56.6 hz (20%)

i with to install this into the cabnet

also with a simple cross over

capable of apilitty to low pass

150Hz @ 4 ohms
and a 12db/octave filter

thespeaker will be powered thoguh the head unit and into the cross over which will only allow frequencys of 150 and down to get tohugh to the speakers

just wondering wht you guys think of this idea
coollg
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by coollg »

okey doky ill put an angle of say 10 degress sometihng like dis lol

even though overall it will be around 40watts each side ie 80watts of sub soundss perfectic.

Bit with the other subwoofer i made 4 inch 10watts that sounded realli good clear and good quality so 80 shoudl be enoguh as 10 yea wasnt as powerful as i wodult have liked but doing the job for the mo. :D
rick
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by rick »

[quote=\".\"]what ya wanna do in crawl inside the boot and lock yourself in! [/quote]:lol: PMSL :lol: i\'ve just got a mental picture of someone doing that
coollg
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by coollg »

do u think this kidna setup woudl work/ sound ok after the enclosures have been made of course
coollg
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by coollg »

cooldanywasy just gotta do all desing and get money to do this this wodul include the head unit as well and also with my limited diy stills gonna take a while lol
rick
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by rick »

[quote=\".\"]its what I did! but for some reason... be being thick or something, i didn\'t remove the parcel shelf first and shat myself because i couldn\'t get out! would have been easier if that little plastic thing which rests on top of the shelf wasn\'t there, then i could have just lifted it up, uncliped it and got put thro a door![/quote]
i would have just unclipped the bungies on the shelf measured the inside that way with the boot lid open.

how did u get out just incase anyone else makes the mistake of locking themselves in their boot?
coollg
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by coollg »

id imgaine u can fiddle wid the lock mechision lolz

yea i am gonna get both speaker and relex ports from maplin.

also prob getting stereo frm net

JVC KD-G611
lozzy_corsa
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by lozzy_corsa »

go to hombase and ask for of custs i nearly a half sheet of 18mm for 1.50!
troublemaker
CB-Uk Newbie

Custom Subwoofer

Post by troublemaker »

to be honest with that driver i would suggest a bandpass enclosure to make it appear to be a larger driver.
coollg
CB-Uk User

Custom Subwoofer

Post by coollg »

[quote=\"troublemaker\"]to be honest with that driver i would suggest a bandpass enclosure to make it appear to be a larger driver.[/quote]

i have no idea wht ur on about please explain :D
troublemaker
CB-Uk Newbie

Custom Subwoofer

Post by troublemaker »

OK certainly.

What you have there at present is a very small sized driver for a sub in a box which is more suited to a home woofer install.

It will not give the sort of depth or output of sound that a larger driver would - that is physics.

Using a \"bandpass\" enclosure allows you to add effeciency to the driver which will add output, and with judicious tuning of the enclosure it will drop further as well.

The term bandbass comes from the design of the box - i.e. it should in theory only reproduce (pass) a certain set of - or \"band\" of frequencies.

With the system i am thinking would be ideal for this application you would be looking at it not actually exhibiting these characteristics totally - however the added low frequency excursion and volume output will impress i think.

If you have a look at www.diysubwoofers.org and in particular the 4th order bandpass system it should be a good point to start. If it interests let me know and we can progress.