headlight question

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

rick
CB-Uk User

headlight question

Post by rick »

the main beam on the drivers side doesnt work but the sidelight and hi beam both work fine could this fault be a dodgy earth or is it more likely to be the bulb?
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

headlight question

Post by Stuart_SRI »

the main beam and full beam run off the same bulb

if u look at the wiring loom going into that headlight, u should have three wires

these are all postive
one for sidelights
one for full beam
and one for main beam

the earthing and negative wires go off somewhere else

Check the wire for main beam is properly connected, think this is the yellow wire, but it varies on the age of your corsa. seeing as u drive a 93 corsa i think this will be the case to.

Just make sure everything is connected firmly, if not, sounds like a wiring problem further on
rick
CB-Uk User

headlight question

Post by rick »

everything seems to be connected but i\'ve not had a good look tho coz it was pissing it down.
does anyone know how to get the bulb out properly coz i dont wanna force anything and totally f**k my headlights up
jsc
CB-Uk User

headlight question

Post by jsc »

it could be because it is a double filament bulb or as you said a dodgy connection
Stuart_SRI
CB-Uk User

headlight question

Post by Stuart_SRI »

u need to pull the connection out of the back of the headlight, this involves quite a lot of force and \'wiggling.\'

once u done this u can pull away the rubber that houses the bulb and its holder. this should just ease off.

U then want to remove the pin that secures the bulb into the headlight.

The bulb should now be accessible and u can unscrew it out.

5min job mate at the most. If u have established it isn\'t a loose connection, fit another bulb to test it. I have spare ones so i would pop one in or alternatively if u dont wanna buy one, take the good one out of the passenger headlight and go with that :thumbs:

hope this helps mate