to mod or not to mod, that is the question.

Automotive topics & discussion.
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

i cant decide weather i should carry on moding my current corsa past what i\'ve done now or to spend another £350-400 on suspention and a s.steel back box. i\'m planning on getting a 1.6 sport as my next car so i dont want to spend too much on this or i\'ll loose alot when it comes to selling it. also does anyone know if parts for a 1.4 ls will fit a 1.6 sport eg suspention and back box as if they fit i could buy them now and swap them over later
PaulW
Administrator

Post by PaulW »

i\'d say for now...

about £25 on some car washing & polishing...
get some springs for about £70
backbox you like (not full system)

fit it all but keep the original items...

then when you come to get your sport, just put the original equipment back on this corsa & swap it to the sport :D
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
tom87
CB-Uk User

Post by tom87 »

id say get a set of alloys you like, as these can be transfered to your next corsa.
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

already got those tom. i like my astra alloys as even with standard suspention they look right
EarlofBarnet
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EarlofBarnet »

Magnex stainless steel back box, money very well spent! Perfect fit, sounds sporty (not stupidly loud etc) very well made. That should be around £125 and it\'ll go on your next Corsa.

Then just get a spring and shock suspension kit for around £250. Cornering better and sounding better = one happy Corsa!
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

well i\'m thinking of getting the sus kit as i emailed a website and was told the kit would fit this one and the next one, just have to decide what i want more the suspention or a new airsoft rifle.
i think the mot in a few weeks time will answer that as if i need a new shock on the back (which i think i will) i\'ll just get the kit and fit that to sort it out
EarlofBarnet
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by EarlofBarnet »

Or just buy a new vauxhall shock for back, otherwise you\'ll have to leave susp kit on when you sell it.
rick
CB-Uk User

Post by rick »

well the new sus kit will fit the flair and sport so it stands to reason the stock parts will also fit each car so i can just take the stock from the sport and put them on the flair then put the sports sus on the sport. alot of a work but it saves money in the long run if i do the work myself