Strange Way to attach sub

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

Hi

I am after installing a sub but do not with to lay any wires thoghr my car

and only use the existing ones used to connect the back speakers.

I will have a low power amp (2 x 45wtt rms 4ohms) and will split a mono connecting into a stereo so sound is give to both channels. I wish to connect a 8 ohm sub to this prob 100watss or less in parrell so if im right that shoudl lower the ohms to 4 ohms .

I would use the speaker cables that go to the back for my power rather then speakjers. and use the connections of the iso block to power it. I need 5 cables to do this but do i really have to have a ground or could i connect this to the car frm the inside where the headlight access is that bit of the car.

So end of it ill have stereo at the front and mono at the back with no rewiring do u think this is possible

Kind reagdrs lee

tell me if i havnt been indepth enoguh for you to answer my question
sach
CB-Uk User

Post by sach »

m8 what amp and headunit u got. whats the number of pre outs on ur head unit?
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

urmmm this is a future plan

at the moment ive got a basic goodmans cd player

which as soon as i got moeny i will replace with a panasonic CQ-C1300AN

it has one preout and the internal amp is 4 x 45 watts

and the amp i saw on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5&tc=photo

just wondering do u think i could use a crossover and use the amp in the cd player
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

sorry double posted :wink:
sach
CB-Uk User

Post by sach »

if i got that set up i would used the head unit 2 power the speakers and the amp for the sub. but i have no idea if this amps not powerfully for the subs, but i think it wont be.
coollg
CB-Uk User

Post by coollg »

i did infact try that therory the other day

wuth the goodmans i got my self an old speaker system sub attached wires to the sub only and connected to the rear speaker wire and for 5 watss sounded gr8. I am plaining to build a custome encloser capable of takeing 2 x 40watts subs frm maplin ment for hifi but shoudl be ok for car.

i mean that 5 watts i was so amazing u know when the air goes muffled kidna just liek that even at lower volumnes