speaker colour codes and tweeter location

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

flash22
CB-Uk User

Post by flash22 »

as above really i am looking for the speaker colour codes for the cables in the doors andor wiring diagrames for the doors as the one in the haynes manual are unreadable also the car is on a late 97 P reg i dont know if thay changed the door looms in the facelift models as my car has a mix of both pre and post 97 parts (pain in the aris sometimes)

also looking for ideas for tweeter placement (must be out of view tho) ????
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Post by punkheadgray »

tbh mate manufacturers dont always use the same color wire, all depends on what they have in stock. could be green until they run out, then red.
having said that, im looking at haynes manual schematics in section 12*39 left hand side of drawing.
speakers are marked as

H52+H37 colors should be blue(bl) on one wire pin no 22. and brown and blue (brbl) on the other wire. pin 23.

H53+H38 colors should be blue(bl) on one wire pin no 23. and brown and blue (brbl) on the other wire. pin34.

the pin numbers above are for the ones in the door loom (i believe) and change on the headunit, the wire colors also change on two wires going back to the headunit from the door loom?

pin 22 at back of headunit is 15 stays blue
pin 33 at back of headunit is 11 stays brown + blue
pin 23 at back of headunit is 14 yellow wire
pin 34 at back of headunit is 10 brown +yellow wire

the schematic shows another two speakers i think they are the back ones (H39+H40)
flash22
CB-Uk User

Post by flash22 »

great thanks for the reply