Full Alpine Install??? Do i or dont i

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

voodoo_jellybaby2k2
CB-Uk User

Post by voodoo_jellybaby2k2 »

Well i know originally i posted up that i was going to cram 4 x 10\" subs into my boot and make my own install. But now my brothers friend is offering me a full all alpine install made for a corsa B. This consists of 2 subs, 2 amps, and a set of either components or coaxials with door builds (not sure whether there components or coaxials).

Hes wanting £350 for the lot (no headunit - i have a much better headunit than he currently has). This includes the boot build, door builds, front door speakers, 2 subs, 2 amps, wiring kit and is all in mint and full working order. Although i dont know what size amps, subs what spec, model, or what it looks like. so this is a bit of pointless post really. lol :lol: Im going to see it sometime this week.

All i really want to know is would this be cheap for a full install?

If i was to buy it my 2 groundzero subs would be going up for sale along with the amplifiers and wiring kit, as well as the 6x9\'s. Or would it be better swapping the equipment over? (i.e. putting my GZ stuff into the install instead of the alpine equipment? (although this would possibly make the sound worse as the box is not to the right size for the subs)

Or if the gears good, i might just buy it and sell it on in pieces, and see how much i can get for it.

Cheers

Adam
sweet_corsa
CB-Uk User

Post by sweet_corsa »

i have £1000 (brand new) of alpine in my car, and my system rivals most...cant go wrong.
kawika
CB-Uk User

Post by kawika »

well 350 for a full system pretty good i\'d go for it and if you fancy at a later date you can always change bits.
Freedom is only possibly, thanx to capitalisim
blackcorsa20
CB-Uk User

Post by blackcorsa20 »

all depnds on wot range of alpine it is if its e-types then dont bother anything like s-types or r-types definately go for it.im jus on with collecting all my alpine r-type goodies for a \"BIG\" install and i would defo recomend it to anyone.but make sure you get all the right wiring.im gunna be using 0gauge if thats ne help and ill be runnin at least 3 amps. :thumbs: also if anyone is interested im gunna try to organise a group buy on sound deadening. u2u me for details.
north east region...the quietest region but the best...imho...
voodoo_jellybaby2k2
CB-Uk User

Post by voodoo_jellybaby2k2 »

What are you planning on building like fella? Are ya hooking up \"Mobile Glastonbury\"? :lol:

Im currently running 4 gauge. Theres no point in using 0 guage unless you plan on running a high number of high powered amps and subs. 4guage will happily run my setup and most setups, its only when you start piling millions of subs amps and speakers into your car that you need 0 guage.

To run 3 amps you will only need 4 guage to be honest. Plus if you run 0 guage you cant skimp on the interconnects or anything like that, it sorta defeats the object (another words it costs a fortune, the cables the cheap part :lol:). Also running 0 guage, with the right subs and amps etc, u need alternate power supplies, bigger alternator etc.

My brothers just installed a 2.5kw rms groundzero amp along with a further 2 smaller groundzero amps (dont know rms value on these) into his rather large boot, and is planning to fit another 2.5KW amp along with 2 more subs, and so hes had to install 0 guage wire. But bear in mind this is 2500watts RMS value, not peak value, i shudder to think what the peak value is, as this would be much higher :lol:

Oh and i know not to buy the e-type crap, and to be honest i dont want the s-type either, i know its more SQ, much rather have more power and noise from the r-type :lol: If it was the F1# status stuff then ill bite his hand off lol, but i very much doubt it will be, as one of them subs isnt far off £350 new! :Lol: