remote lead into amp?

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

martint2k4
CB-Uk User

remote lead into amp?

Post by martint2k4 »

got a problem, connected my amp and sub up, and connected the remote lead in from the stereo to the sub, but when i turn my stereo off the sub wont work, for it to work i have to cut the connection of the remote lead wire and reconnect it, then the sub works, any ideas what the prob is?
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

remote lead into amp?

Post by punkheadgray »

hmm, thats got me stumped. im sorry matey havent a clue why it\'d do that, sounds like some sort of relay switching problem. its very strange. and i hope someone has an answer as im intrigued now.
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

remote lead into amp?

Post by Dan_Corsa »

My old head unit would not give enough power to run both (stupid i know but that was my problem)

So i ran a wire from the battery fused it and connected the remote turn on to this instead of the head unit, will need a switch on though or the amp will run all the time and drain the battery as i found out :lol:

Bonus of this is that you don\'t have to have tha sub on all the time!
coollg
CB-Uk User

remote lead into amp?

Post by coollg »

my sub im able to ajust the volunm from the front which is prity good can also choose the crossover frequency can also just have the sub running pritty kl realli, advantages of doing it urself
martint2k4
CB-Uk User

remote lead into amp?

Post by martint2k4 »

got it sorted, dont know how, but i did, jus got a new piece of wire and tested it first to make sure it was working, fed all the wire to the boot and it worked, for some reason though the amp and sub dont work if the engine is switched off, as soon as the engine is turned on and the head unit is turned on and off again, the amp kicks in, wierd, lol