door pod help

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

corsab_style
CB-Uk Newbie

door pod help

Post by corsab_style »

basically ive made some door pods similar to ones shown, and im worried the door wont shut as ive smoothed over the plastic lip on the card, see highlighted image....

anyone know if the door will shut??? (and i cant try it as i dont have the car as its at bodyshop)
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by punkheadgray »

hmm, im afraid to say it could be a case of just trying it, i think theres maybe a 2cm of clearence from the edge of the door card to the edge of the door, can just about see it in this photo i took at pvs
ive chopped it about a bit and made it larger. dunno whos car it was tho, and im assuming the door closes ok on this :lol: (is that what your door pods look like above)

corsab_style
CB-Uk Newbie

door pod help

Post by corsab_style »

cheers for the reply mate

mine are the same as the ones ive posted, but ive fillered all around the edge so theres no lip, its all smooth... so hard to explain lol

will get a pic of what i mean later

thnx
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by punkheadgray »

i think i know what u mean, i havent made mine yet, been thinking about it for a long long long time tho, played around with back door cards one side... probs gonns throw this away and do it again. have u said \'hello\' in the about u section matey?

punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by punkheadgray »

just a thought, should be ok. i reckon worse that\'ll happen is that the filler will push the rubber lip on the door in a bit :wink:

this might help as well
corsab_style
CB-Uk Newbie

door pod help

Post by corsab_style »

yeah thats what i thought might happen, lets hope so :D

cheers for that

will say \'hello\' soon :)
corsab_style
CB-Uk Newbie

door pod help

Post by corsab_style »

f**k hell mate thats a lot of filling/sanding on that door card!!! dont think id have the patience to do that lol nice one
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by punkheadgray »

[quote=\"corsab_style\"]f***in hell mate thats a lot of filling/sanding on that door card!!! dont think id have the patience to do that lol nice one[/quote]

i havent got the paitence either, thats why im starting again i think, already spent 2days sanding it :lol:
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by Dan_Corsa »

[quote=\"punkheadgray\"]dunno whos car it was tho

Image[/quote]

Thats Fears car from corsasport.co.uk

the silver & black two tone sexy corsa was in redline the other month!

As for the door pods mate, i dont think you should have a problem, as said above it will push against the door rubber slightly but i dont think will damage it in anyway or prevent door from closing!
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by punkheadgray »

ah i see, dont really go on corsa sport. just have a nose evry now and then, similar paint scheme as im going for (with the two tone)
Dan_Corsa
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by Dan_Corsa »

Cool what colours you going for or keeping that a suprise for now?
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

door pod help

Post by punkheadgray »

nope no surprise, green and black, but its all custom. photos im my album under latest car photos, would post them, but everyones sick of seeing them by now :lol: