Motorbike Thread

Automotive topics & discussion.
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Motorbike Thread

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Eh....a handbrake??? That's insane kinda getting away from a bike there really isn't it. Yeah I can see why some people would like it and it's maybe quiet good for like off roading so you don't have to worry about changing gear but it's part of riding that for me like.

Yeah not a bad price either I don't think but Honda have some good pcp deals on at the moment so I might see what they are and you get a brand new one with that.

Ahhh nice mate gold renthals will set it off nice hope your getting it with the handlebar brace [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I was talking to a lad who had a nc750 on courtesy while his bike was in the garage. He said the auto box is really bad, clunky and loud. You going to get rid of the GS then?

Yeah dude they gotta have the brace lol

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh right yeah I would imagine it's not the box wouldn't be the best it would be weird like a really fast moped haha.

Ahhh good lad [emoji106] the brace is a must not even for looks but really helps with the ride because it takes the flex out of the bars.

I'm not sure I don't think I can bring myself to get rid of it in all honesty put a lot of time into it. I think what I'm gonna do is get my category A licence done so that basically I can have the restriction of horse power of my licence get something new and I might leave the gs with my dad for him to use just because we both built it up together and he don't wanna see it go either so if I let him have it at least if I ever need to I can use the gs again. But probably looking at next year now for a new bike because trying to fit in when I can do my category A is the hard part...not the actual test just getting the time haha

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah I think ya should keep the GS. It would be better around town than the proper big bikes and still fast enough to be fun on the main roads!

Yeah I hear ya, I had to work mad hours the week before my IBT just to make up the time I took off for it.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah I agree with you mate, plus it uses like next to no fuel at all for like back and forward to work, I think I would have the bigger bike for when the missus wanted to come for a ride out and stuff like that because although mine goes ok with 2 on some corners and stuff can be hard work with it just being a 500. But like you say still fast enough to have some fun. We were all out in Sunday and it was keeping up with a few of my mates one was on a Daytona 675 other was on a gsxr I mean they weren't going stupidly hard but you know sitting 85 90 most of the time along the dual roads and like 60 70 on the A roads... It held its own very well and I was impressed with it.

Yeah it's a pain isn't it because it's not like you can just take a couple of hours off it can be a long process

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Yeah when I was on the CB doing the IBT it was a mad sunny day so me and the instructor spent an hour or two messing about and I could keep with his bandit 600 off the line, it was just the bends he would lose me really.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Swapping my bike for the cb500 Saturday morning and have a rally Saturday evening then :D

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Ahhh sounds like a good day all round for Saturday then dude [emoji106], bet you can't wait to get the CB, be massive difference to the YBR. Does it need much doing then or not??

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

The whole bike is a bit tatty to be fair. Bit of corrosion on the engine, paintwork has a few scratches and stone chips, headlights and forks have specks of rust, mirrors look sh*tty and the end tank on the radiator got a whack.
I will be putting rental bars with new mirrors on and if I can get cheap plastics and tank I can paint them and swap them over so I wouldn't be without a bike for more than a few hours.

Do you think I could paint the engine without removing it?

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah sounds like good plans bud least if you get some other panels and get them painted like you say you won't be without a bike for ages. I think you can actually get a file that takes pitting of the forks, my mate done mine with a certain file and they looked way better afterwards.

Yeah you should be able to bud I did with mine just got a load of brown masking paper and just shoved it in places to stop loads if overspray and just done the end casings and behind the exhaust headers, just took them off too. When j had the engine out to do the frame I gave it a bit more freshen up because it was more accessible but yeah was no bother doing it in the bike.

I just used some VHT paint on mine like and then a Matt black over the top of it because the VHT goes grey after a while and looks crap so a bit Matt black over the top looked a massive improvement on what it was like

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Found some cheap satin black spray cans that are high temp for painting engines and exhaust headers.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah that will do the job nicely pal. I would probably do it while you Had the tank off just so you had more room and less to mask off

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nathcarr wrote:Yeah that will do the job nicely pal. I would probably do it while you Had the tank off just so you had more room and less to mask off

Good thinking. When I get a decent shed I would probably get a dirt cheap 125 and strip down the CB for painting properly then sell on the 125 again after.

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Yeah that's the way pal least then you can just bray on with it bits at a time and get it all done, that's what I did with my bike banged it in dads shed and stripped it down and just used the car, it was over the winter aswell which was ideal. I can wait to get my shed up got a one coming in 3 weeks proper decent built one by a timber company really solid, so I'm planning how to make that all up inside so it's ideal for working on bike [emoji108]

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

What sort of luggage do you use on the bike? Top box, backpack or strap bags to the bike?

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Motorbike Thread

Post by nathcarr »

I've got a Oxford tank and tail pack that I use most of the time pal hold a fare but of gear, plus easy to remove if you don't want it on. Must of the time I just put it on the tail but I do have a second one that I will use on the tank of I'm going quite far a field with some gear or taking the missus on the back. So have a look at the tank bags I really rate them and fully waterproof too mate. Lately been toying with the idea of a rear rack, what you use at the moment dude

Off topic but the rally your going to is it the Killarney rally of the lakes