[Stance] Aussie Corsa B Build, 24th July [Much Camber, Wow]

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Aus_CorsaB
CB-Uk Newbie

[Stance] Aussie Corsa B Build, 24th July [Much Camber, Wow]

Post by Aus_CorsaB »

Hey Guys!
I'll shorten the introduction, because we're all here about the builds, I'm Brent, I'm Australian and this is my Holden Barina (Corsa B)

Bought this car because I blew my auto box in what has now become my project car and needed a run around daily, well...can't leave the old girl stock so enjoy!

[The Beginning]
Brought the, "B" for $500 from a bloke that's in a Facebook group I'm in for $500, it is ratty as hell with a crap matte black paint job, but, at least it came with a USB of sick music! (Joking it was mostly country and I preferred listening to static from the radio)

So the first thing I did was have it double checked by a mate to check how it is mechanically, and it's great for 223xxx kms
We started brainstorming and off came the rear bumper, time to get your neon on! Yeah we painted it green

(Dismiss the Honda sticker, that's coming up next!

Once that was done I drove it around for a bit, and was at another mates place and started picking on how bad it sounded, so we pulled out the grinder, grabbed some straight piping, and a welder, and removed the rear muffler, sounds like a rotary haha!
next came the sick rising sun on the hood! Don't ask why, mates idea, and before I realised how cool these cars were I just laughed at it and didn't want to be seen in it, but if I was, might aswell be the most hated guy around.

After this, that same mate told me about a lip he had off an Astra which we cut up and cable tied on (refer to above pic)
All well and good, then we night shaded the, "eye lids" on, aggressive look!

The next week or so I was giving a mate a hand with his exhaust and found out he had a guard roller, and that's where things got fun, we reversed the lip on the, "B" and pumped it out so far that the body actually got wider, which was good, because I poke so much now...

[lets begin the stance]
So, a mate wanted to buy my rb20det I was going to use in my racecar project, and couldn't come up with a deposit, he had these pair of 15x8 +15 volk Rays racing (still working out if genuine or reps but they are 2 piece)
So I told him to give them to me as a deposit and he obliged, he did have tyres on them, but after picking them up from lending them to his mate one was completely wrecked.

So we test fitted to make sure they fit before making the deal, and the tyres were too fat and I felt I couldn't do anything with them

Took them home, did some research, originally the plan was to put a pair of 165/50r15 and get some insanely cool stretch (mostly insane)
But, the best I could do on such short notice and that is sensible was a pair of 175/50r15 from kumho brand new for $300
These were actually fitted today after being express posted over night!
This is what the car looks like now
(Excuse bad quality pics will get decent ones later)
The stretch

[The Goals]
I'll be providing photoshopped images of what I think it'll look like in the end later tomorrow!
However, this weeks goals would be

- cut front springs (waiting to order coil overs but shipping from the UK to Aus is deadly expensive)
- find super super super low king springs from a Holden commodore (direct replacement, will fit)
- Camber shims in front and rear behind hubs (unless I figure out the top/bottom bolt stuff for the fronts)
- Find a pair of wheels in 15x8 - 15x10 +10 - +15

Cheers Guys! Will be updating shortly and have many photo dumps once I find my cameras charger...

And here's some pics of a burnout!

johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: [Stance] Aussie Corsa B Build, 24th July [Much Camber, W

Post by johnny »

I love the bov for the tow eye :)

Honda sticker has to go or if it's really powered by Honda the engine and sticker have to go [emoji38]

Looking forward to see what you make of it
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Aus_CorsaB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Aus_CorsaB »

Cheers man, yeah all I had laying around that'll stay.

Quite likely I'll buy a wrecked Saab 900 and do the b204 turbo swap, but the car will be clean with a fresh coat of paint and some nice simple body mods, following after for the interior.
Aus_CorsaB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Aus_CorsaB »

Hey Guys, question for everyone, I'm looking for a wide body kit, doesn't anywhere stock them?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Welcome bud quite intrested to see the outcome of this I think someone does them in the uk but not to sure where you are tbh type in google someone over there should stock em

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Aus_CorsaB wrote:Hey Guys, question for everyone, I'm looking for a wide body kit, doesn't anywhere stock them?
eBay had a wide arch kit £45 in the UK not sure what it would be to post to you tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

Looking nice

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Aus_CorsaB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Aus_CorsaB »

Photo Dump!
No updates unfortunately been busy tuning and fixing cars to do my own:(

So, hopefully tomorrow I can chop the front springs, as much as you'll al hate it but it's just til I can afford the postage costs for coilovers
Aus_CorsaB
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Aus_CorsaB »

So I chopped the front springs today, ran out of light...so still needs more
Before I post pics! This is insanely bad idea, it pretty much makes buying a pogo stick obsolete because this bounces all day long.
I am purchasing coilovers but the shipping will take a little while so this will do til then!
I'm going to stiffen it up a bit to hopefully bring some of the bumpiness out of it, but not sure how much it will help.

And the car will be put in primer and prepped ready for paint