Anyone able to help

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

bom bom
CB-Uk Newbie

Anyone able to help

Post by bom bom »

Wondering if anyone else has any idea's as im slowly giving up with this car, its a corsa B 1.2 16v and on start up it trys to cut out before ive even moved anywhere and sometimes its just dies after a few seconds. If it doesn't die or on start up and i try pull of there feels like there no power at all making me unable to pull off, but when i turn the car on/off wait a few seconds it works fine? This is first thing in the morning and sometimes when i finish work. It doesn't do it all the time which is blagging my head. Iv'e also noticed a slight stutter when driving the car which also doesn't happen on a daily basis just occasionally.

So i changed the MAF Sensor as advised and its still the same. So then i was advised to change the ICV which i did and still the same once again. The cars had a full service aswel (new plugs, filters etc.)

Anyone else had this problem and is able to help
coupe77
CB-Uk User

Re: Anyone able to help

Post by coupe77 »

Have you any codes stored
Could be a faulty cam sensor or crank sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeacotts-motors/611022572351820
bom bom
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by bom bom »

coupe77 wrote:Have you any codes stored
Could be a faulty cam sensor or crank sensor

Nope never had it plugged because i've never had a EML on, but going try get it plugged in tomorrow because i don't want throw anymore parts on it wasting money...
coupe77
CB-Uk User

Post by coupe77 »

What you want is someone with opcom and look at the live data as the fault shows
You should be able to pick up the fault

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeacotts-motors/611022572351820
taurus
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by taurus »

Next time it cuts out or won't start check for fuel pressure at the rail - little black plastic cap and there's a valve underneath it. Press the tip of that and fuel ought to squirt out (so be careful). If it doesn't chances are it's either the crank sensor (which they eat for breakfast) or the fuel relay itself.

The opcom advice is good - depends where you are if there's anyone local with it
Papabren
CB-Uk User

Post by Papabren »

It does sound exactly like the maf sensor, make sure as you said you have change that, that you now check the spark plugs, plug leads and coil pack, even tho I changed all mine before hand, the maf sensor problem ruined the plugs and leads and replacing them again sorted it