Volvomegs 1.4 Corsa Sport

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
Volvomeg
CB-Uk Newbie

Volvomegs 1.4 Corsa Sport

Post by Volvomeg »

Bought this around 3 years ago with the intention of turning it into a track car,

But other half took a shine to it so decided to keep it and use it as a run about,

When i got it it had been stood for 3 years and had a cracked screen from a roof slate landing on it and a badly faded bonnet and odd patch of rust here and there mainly OSF wing and round rear spoiler,

I removed spoiler and found it had been off before and somebody had just used black mastic to refit it and it was rubbing on boot lid hence the rust spots,

I dropped on a wing and bonnet at a local scrappers in right colour (well almost) and got them swopped with new arch trims, while i was changing wing i pulled both bumpers off and sorted a couple of rust patchs behind bumpers,

A friend was breaking a redtop corsa at the time so i aquired the a set of 256mm front calipers off him as having had 3 corsas before i know how bad the brakes are,

I then had the issue of the standard 14's wouldn't fit so managed to aquire a set of astra sxi 16's cheap and had a set of 195/45/16's from another project so stuck them on it along with some 20mm lowering springs to replace the snapped rear spring,

This is how it sits today after a friend sorted paintwork on boot lid and rear quater and we had afternoon with buffer and polish

scorpiotn1
CB-Uk User

Re: Volvomegs 1.4 Corsa Sport

Post by scorpiotn1 »

nice paint work
"I mod for the plesure... Not to drive ignorantly"
Garage: - 1999 Corsa B GSI Rep - 2010 Toyota Auris SR
Volvomeg
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Volvomegs 1.4 Corsa Sport

Post by Volvomeg »

Well this lot went from under bonnet,

Aircon has never worked since i got it even after a proper regas and for the amount of use it will get theres no point,

Going to refit cooling fan to engines radiator when i get some plastic ties to put through radiator, 2 fans are abit overkill but aircon one kicks in first to cool engine and its quieter than engine fan,

Ive got a non aircon engine mount cheap so just need to get a shorter belt then compressor can go aswell,