Another job on the list...

Automotive topics & discussion.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Another job on the list...

Post by Deedee91 »

My list of things to do for next time I get a day off ,which feels like it may never come atm :(, is growing..

I'm gonna replace all the bushes etc on my shift linkage but I'm going to do it on the bench then take it out to the car when I have a few hours to do it and take my time.

Already have a bush and circlip etc kit

So two questions.

One.. Are all the shift linkages from the 1.0 to 1.6, gsi, combo etc the same? As I'm going to buy a second hand one to work with

Two.. Do the uprated nylon bushes from lmf for the short shift fit the standard linkage?
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Re: Another job on the list...

Post by mbonner02 »

Unsure about question 2 but for question one they are different. Different engines have different gearboxes so are different t shapes but not by a lot however if your out by the smallest amount chances are you won't get the right gear. I know you can buy universal setups where you set the range of movements up but it isn't worth the hassle lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Re: Another job on the list...

Post by Deedee91 »

mbonner02 wrote:Unsure about question 2 but for question one they are different. Different engines have different gearboxes so are different t shapes but not by a lot however if your out by the smallest amount chances are you won't get the right gear. I know you can buy universal setups where you set the range of movements up but it isn't worth the hassle lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thought that was probably the case tbh I was sure if the gearbox housing was all made similar though. Infact my brother has a 1.2 knocking about I'll have a poke about in that n see how much difference there is..

Will have to keep my eye out...

I did a search about the nylon bushes and didn't really get a straight answer on that so might just give it a crack