Which suspensions best?

Automotive topics & discussion.
WA17ER
CB-Uk User

Which suspensions best?

Post by WA17ER »

Hi guys,

Just got a new job which will make my plans for my Corsa more achievable :D. I'm wanting to upgrade my suspension again and hopefully for the last time.

I'm currently running all round Gmax shocks with 60mm springs all round also, after 5 years of running that set-up I'm now finding it a bit to firm, hard and stiff for ride comfort that is jolting and rattling my Corsa to bits! lol

I'm always really happy the way it corners though, its like a little go kart. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I want a new suspension kit that can give me a comfortable ride but not too soft, that still will help my Corsa give its go kart handling.

I've looked at some of Koni STRT kits and the Koni Sport kits (the sports being damping adjustable), or don't know if I should save up for a set of Spax RSX coilovers or GAZ coilovers that are both damping adjustable? (not GAZ Gold as there way to expensive for me)

If anybody has any suggestions, advice or runs any of the above that could help me out for a decision? I would be grateful!!

Many thanks......
Cal Walker

Corsa B/1.4 16v/Sport/X14XE
Project Thread: White X14XE
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Which suspensions best?

Post by johnny »

Spring and shock with adjustable damping is what you want

Gaz coilovers will do the same job but the spax rsx iirc are automatic damping, which means the height decides the damping rate

I have fk high sports with adjustable damping with 75/50 springs the back is set solid to keep it tight and for lift off oversteer :) fronts are set about 60-75% stiff to leave abit of comfort while still being good for the bends
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
WA17ER
CB-Uk User

Re: Which suspensions best?

Post by WA17ER »

Wicked cheers for that mate, I'll have a gander into them as well

Cheers.....
Cal Walker

Corsa B/1.4 16v/Sport/X14XE