Rear wiper hose replacement

Automotive topics & discussion.
ronald5256
CB-Uk User

Rear wiper hose replacement

Post by ronald5256 »

Hi all has anyone ever replaced the complete hose going from washer pump to the rear jet I was thinking about cutting off the old hose and and using a straight hose connection to join the old hose to the new and pulling the new hose all the way through to the back of the car like pulling a cable through a wall as long as the hose connection will take the strain any ideas welcome or if a better way is known I am all ears thanks lots
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Re: Rear wiper hose replacement

Post by mbonner02 »

Wouldn't risk doing that as the rubber probably won't take the strain. Could try lubing the new hose with Vaseline to get rid of the strain so it doesn't snag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

If you get the heat shrink connectors it might hold but I wouldn't try pull it too hard, I've never replaced one and I'm not even sure where they run
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
mbonner02
CB-Uk User

Post by mbonner02 »

I'm sure they run underneith the headlining

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corsa weapon A.K.A the Scooby Killer ;)
ronald5256
CB-Uk User

Post by ronald5256 »

Yes it seems to run through the actual frame work of the roof I did have a look at it when I did a small repair to the hose in the flexible link between the body and the tailgate as I had the normal problem of the hose splitting I put in a small peace of new hose but seem to still have no pressure at the jet so I removed the washer tank and found the hose feeding the rear jet was badly kinked I removed the kink and put it all back together only to find I still had no pressure on the back so I still may have a kink or a leak somewhere along its length?
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

You want fish wire. Tie the fish wire to the old hose as you pull it out and that will route the fish wire ready for you to attach the new stuff. I don't know where they run so unsure if you might get a hang up somewhere.
Use one wrap of insulation tape, or use two side by side so there is more holding the fish tape to the tube, it should work really well for this as I use it with cables and it's great stuff but it will hold this hose even better as you can squash the end of the hose down as you wrap the insulation tape on. It doesn't need to be battered with it that will guarantee a hang up haha. Like bonner said too Vaseline or even fairy liquid either will help just go a few inches and check it isn't getting tight.

Ps make sure you get fish tape not fish rods they will be too bulky
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Just to add if you worried the rubber won't take the strain as you drag it through use small diameter steel cable and run that through the inside on the rubber tubing and then use that to pull it in/out
ronald5256
CB-Uk User

Post by ronald5256 »

That is a dam good idea why did I not think of it lol I have a roll of 2mm steel welding wire looking right at me give that man a cigar thanks bud I will have a go at the weekend and let you lot know how I fair
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

No worries buddy hopefully it works out for you