White X14XE

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
WA17ER
CB-Uk User

White X14XE

Post by WA17ER »

Hi guys,

Been on here for a while now, and really appreciating all the help and support on anything I post. I've had my Corsa B 1.4 Sport from the age of 17 as it was given to me for my first car on my 17th birthday. I'm 23 now and still love driving it every day! This summer I finally decided to put some love and attention into her (as she's not getting any younger) and thought that I'd like to start a Project thread along the way, so here we go.

I'll start from one of the first things I did to the corsa was get rid of the little 13" Irmscher Softstars put some 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 3's in there place:

Next over 2 more years I lowered it by 40mm all round on Gmax Supersport Shocks to get rid of the beach buggy look, and around the same time a K&N cone filter was installed. Then about 1 year after that I brought and fitted a brand new set of Depo headlights just to smarten the front end up.

Around 1 year ago I drove to Sheffield to visit Cobra Sport for a cat-back stainless system to be fitted. The most recent modification was this year when I finally got a set of rear German Crystal Lights.

That's pretty much the baseline of how its stayed over 6 years up until now when I've decided to put a new spring of life back into my little Corsa and have her the way I'd imagined and wanted when I first got it!

I started the work about a month ago:

I'd always loved the look and stance of the Corsa GSI and finally picked up a full front bumper off ebay that had just been resprayed in Glacier white, so with that the base of it I went out and got some new arch trims and a pre 96 bumper. After a few long weeks I finally found some Genuine GSI Side skirts also.

After a few coats of primer:
The rear bumper and arch trims were the first to have Glacier White on them:

Once those few bits were done I've been busy with the body side of things as a 17 year old Corsa can hide things!

Before:
After many hours of wire brushing and wheeling, Rust killer, Then some nice coats of white smooth metal paint:

Before:
Same process as the front valance:

Before:
After:
There's some rot on the lip of the arch which I need to cut out and weld a new section in, that will happen when it sees a full respray in the next couple of years, so for now I've tried to trap the rust there instead of it spreading hopefully!

Next was both inner rear sills, now I know that these are prone areas for the rot to set in on Corsa's so I went under the car with my fingers crossed!

Heres what I found:
Both were more or less in the same condition and I didn't think that they looked to bad considering the age of the car. So it was out with the wire wheel and rust killer again, I lost count of how many coats I put on them.
I white painted them again and then they were covered in brush-able seam sealer with underseal over the top of that!

That's pretty much up to date on where I am at the minute guys, its going to be a long patient process for me to get her where she needs too be but I'm hoping to do a quality job and have a mint little Corsa when I'm done.

Many thanks for looking and I'll get some updates up as soon as I can. Comments welcome!

Cheers.......
Cal Walker

Corsa B/1.4 16v/Sport/X14XE
Project Thread: White X14XE
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Re: White X14XE

Post by Barraclough »

Looking smart! Always good to see a white B, especially when in great condition
WA17ER
CB-Uk User

Post by WA17ER »

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated this for a good few months now! I've got some nice new goodies for the corsa to be fitted and possibly a adjustable GSI spoiler from Lumma also. Watch this space!

Cheers.....
Cal Walker

Corsa B/1.4 16v/Sport/X14XE
Project Thread: White X14XE
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Just expressing my interest in this thread. Keep it updated mate!! Looking sick so far mate!
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol: