Speakers..

Automotive topics & discussion.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Speakers..

Post by Deedee91 »

I blew the arse out my front speakers so I'm looking at doing some speaker mods now

I'm planning on running two 6x9 two six inch door speakers and four four inch door speakers.

I don't really understand car stereos or more how to modify them.

Will this be okay? I imagine that I would need an amp?

At the moment my stereo system is almost standard other than a Sony cd deck with a jack replacing the original unit..
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: Speakers..

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Get a headunit, active subwoofer, 2 6x9s and 2 front door speakers and you will be sorted mate.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

I haven't really got space for a subwoofer as I use the boot n fold the seats etc. if I needed an amp I was going to hide it under the front seat. Subs give you that big banging bass don't they? I don't really want that so I thought I could use the 6x9s to provide my bass and the other six inch and the four inches as normal speakers? Would this work?
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Well in my more door corsa i ran 2 sets of 6" and 4" off my pioneer with no issues and withput an amp mate
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Doubt you will need an amp without a sub.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

andy w wrote:Well in my more door corsa i ran 2 sets of 6" and 4" off my pioneer with no issues and withput an amp mate
Sound that will do nicely. im going to rip out the wiring right the way back to the stereo and build a new loom to make sure I get no gremlins anyway I was just unsure about powering it. Thanks bud
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Deedee91 wrote:
andy w wrote:Well in my more door corsa i ran 2 sets of 6" and 4" off my pioneer with no issues and withput an amp mate
Sound that will do nicely. im going to rip out the wiring right the way back to the stereo and build a new loom to make sure I get no gremlins anyway I was just unsure about powering it. Thanks bud
That seems abit extreme lad. I would just test them all before fully fitting the speakers.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Haha it's all gone Pete tong since I put the elec windows in. The wiring that was in the car wasn't great and it got a few bad points in it now I've changed the door looms. Also the wires running to the rear speakers aren't routed very well so I want to re do them. I've got the wire left over from another job and it won't take me too long probably two hours work. I enjoy wiring challenges too
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Thats a fair point :)