HIDs worth it?

Automotive topics & discussion.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

HIDs worth it?

Post by Deedee91 »

Had a look for HID kits on eBay just wondering will they make much of a difference in the dark? I quite like the look they give

Found this kit. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1027491030
I think 8000k is the legal limit? Anyone confirm?
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Re: HIDs worth it?

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Deedee91 wrote:Had a look for HID kits on eBay just wondering will they make much of a difference in the dark? I quite like the look they give

Found this kit. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1027491030
I think 8000k is the legal limit? Anyone confirm?
Im pretty sure hids are only meant for projector headlights so a legal limit wont matter. I wouldnt go above 8000k though.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Thanks. I wasn't sure on it I had heard it somewhere not sure where but I think I'll do a bit more research before I buy anyway
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

The light from hids can't be beaten by any halogen bulb,

Hids are only ment for projector's but if there set right you shouldn't have any bother, I've had hids in the past 3 years now and never had any bother from cops or other cars flashing at me, you'll need to remove them for the test though but only the bulbs you can leave the ballasts and loom in place so it's only a 2 min job :)

As for what kelvin rating to go for generally the less blue the better,the more blue they are the more bother you'll have, 4300k is imo the best
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

I've heard osram night breaker are supposedly a very good bulb I'm going to get a set and throw them in see how they go if they're not bright enough I'll invest in a bid kit. Thanks for the info
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Post by Barraclough »

Deedee91 wrote:I've heard osram night breaker are supposedly a very good bulb I'm going to get a set and throw them in see how they go if they're not bright enough I'll invest in a bid kit. Thanks for the info
I had night breakers in my Corsa and thought they were great!
I had HIDs in the astra and everyone flashed me. Now in the vectra's projector headlights and no problems.
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

I did a little bit of looking about before I found the night breakers and apparently you can get hids that will work with the standard headlights and reflector 'h7r' I think was the bulb type. Think I'll just go with the night breakers
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Post by gazza_no7 »

I use h7r in my fabia. They are 5000k and ive had no flashes or problems from anyone :)
Teastick
CB-Uk User

Post by Teastick »

Yes H7R is reduced glare, thats what you want in non projector headlights as it sorts the beam pattern out , also aslong as you check alignment when fitting HIDs you should be fine
Deedee91
CB-Uk User

Post by Deedee91 »

Sound, will have a look around and see what's the best for the money. Thanks
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

I had 6000k 35w in my corsa never got flashed and passed mot and gave a brill beam especially in dark roads
If it ain't green and black send it back :D