1.4 Polo MPI

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: 1.4 Polo MPI

Post by johnny »

Take it to your trusted mechanic and charge the dealer for it, your completely in your right to ask for a refund or send the car to a mechanic you trust

Dealers generally want the cheapest quickest fit, they charge anywhere upto 50ph for labour so there losing money essentially, so take it to a local guy that you trust to fix it because he will take more time and care because it's paying work
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Ok so they came out this morning and said it was just a breather pipe that had come off, or hadn't been put back on after the gearbox had been replaced. I got my mechanic out a bit later and he told me he hadn't even put the pipe back on, he'd just wedged it somewhere. So after it'd been put back on my mechanic took it out and gave me the all clear, said it was all ok apart from the brakes which I knew about anyway. I'm going to keep it now, as I trust the guy who told me it's all alright now so that should be the end of it.

I'm still a bit shook everytime I get in it thinking something else will break, but it does all sound ok (apart from the brakes) and it feels like a solid car. Going to keep it standard until the dealer's warranty runs out incase yet another thing goes wrong, but after that I'll crack on with modding it, although I will be at uni then so it might be a bit slow.

Thanks Johnny, really helped mate :) glad it's all over and done with and I have a functional car back
Westley
CB-Uk User

Post by Westley »

Ahh well glad you've got it all sorted out now! That garage you went to seem rather sloppy by the sounds of things :L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JamesT0708
CB-Uk User

Post by JamesT0708 »

Westley wrote:Ahh well glad you've got it all sorted out now! That garage you went to seem rather sloppy by the sounds of things :L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bloke was really nice tbh mate, but i'd never go there again. When I went to look at the car the first time he said 'if there was anything wrong with it I wouldn't be selling it'. Couldn't have told a bigger lie really haha. Thanks mate, yeah i'm glad it's all sorted