Rear speakers

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Welshmatt
CB-Uk Newbie

Rear speakers

Post by Welshmatt »

What size speakers can u fit in the back speakers there was no speakers there when i bought my car so iv no idea what will fit in the back, the only other thing i can do is buy 6x9 and make a new parcel shelf but i dont really want to go that far.
Dodgy Dave
CB-Uk User

Rear speakers

Post by Dodgy Dave »

i got some 5\" speakers in there, but took them out now, u mite need to make some brackets for them tho cuz mine just rested on the inside of the pannel
rick
CB-Uk User

Re: Rear speakers

Post by rick »

[quote=\"Welshmatt\"]What size speakers can u fit in the back speakers there was no speakers there when i bought my car so iv no idea what will fit in the back, the only other thing i can do is buy 6x9 and make a new parcel shelf but i dont really want to go that far.[/quote]you wouldnt need to make a new shelf. you just need to cut 2 ovals in the shelf to fit the 6x9\'s. unless you have a crime problem in your area then you might wanna make a steath shelf.
have you upgraded the front speakers? i got 6x9\'s first and having all the sound coming from the back of the car got really annoying so i went and got some new components for the front
Welshmatt
CB-Uk Newbie

Rear speakers

Post by Welshmatt »

yeh iv got jbl speakers in the front how can i make a stealth shelf
rick
CB-Uk User

Rear speakers

Post by rick »

if your not in a hurry to make one i\'m going to do a guide as soon as i find some cheap grey acoustic carpet on ebay. i\'ll be converting my factory shelf with holes already cut for the 6x9\'s
Welshmatt
CB-Uk Newbie

Rear speakers

Post by Welshmatt »

ok thanks that would be great
VKleita
CB-Uk User

Rear speakers

Post by VKleita »

Looking forward to that Rick :thumbs:
CR41G
CB-Uk User

Rear speakers

Post by CR41G »

i got pioneer 3 way 13 cm speakers in the bak of mine ,fitted perfect ,even in 2 the origional brackets , i also got fed up of having all the music cumming fron the rear due 2 having pioneer 4 way 6x9s running off an amp so took em out and put the pioneers 13cm\'s straight in no hassle