Bigger engine

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

leo19
CB-Uk Newbie

Bigger engine

Post by leo19 »

Im looking to upgrade the engine since mine lacks power big time being a beast of a 1.0 12v :oops: lol.

Im thinking of going for a 1.4 or a 1.6 I have seen the price for a 2ltr and i cat really afford that does anyone know how much a 2nd hand engine would cost and what the fiting prices would be additional work ? i.e brakes etc...
amanda
CB-Uk User

Bigger engine

Post by amanda »

go round your local scrappy for back end smashes, or in the yellow paper. could get one cheap. i saw a 2ltr sri engine going for £100 in the yellow paper once. i would have bought it but i want a turbo.

It will cost a lot to get one fitted in a garage, when my engine went in my last corsa luckily my boyfriend dads a mechanic, and got me an engine (1.2 replacement) for £40 and fitted for free but it took a whole day, so i dont know what your local garage will charge but it will be expensive!
tom87
CB-Uk User

Bigger engine

Post by tom87 »

dotn forget insurance costs aswell, if your 17 than an insurance company isn\'t going to turn a blind eye at you.
leo19
CB-Uk Newbie

Bigger engine

Post by leo19 »

im 19 insurance should not be a problem it was just under 700 with my nova which was a 1.2 and its still the same price now plus i got me 1 yrs no claims coming up in feb
lozzy_corsa
CB-Uk User

Bigger engine

Post by lozzy_corsa »

leo speak to adrian flux i got a quote today for insurance on a 2.0

if you want it fitted etc theres a guy on corsa sport that will do the conversion for around 1500 i think it is including the engine!
shortie
CB-Uk User

Bigger engine

Post by shortie »

theres a company that claim they can fit ANY engine into ANY car. cant remember the name tho lol. They were gonna do a wankel rotary from an RX7 into a saxo but it was gonna set the lad back 10k!
JamesMcBride
CB-Uk Newbie

Bigger engine

Post by JamesMcBride »

if you go down the 2.0 route your best bet is to buy a complete car, vectra, cav,astra etc on ebay or cheap local paper or somthing, then you have pretty much every thing you need to do it, ie drive shafts, brake, hubs, wiring loom etc etc and you know that it is all running properly

HTH
James
valver corsa
CB-Uk User

Bigger engine

Post by valver corsa »

i have got a 2ltr 16v engine and a 1.3sr engine out of nova the 2ltr engine my brother is having but im sure if you wanted 1.3sr we could work sumat out