I'm a newbie but not to Vauxhall's

Post a little about yourself & also about your car(s) in here!
newbie_corsa
CB-Uk Newbie

I'm a newbie but not to Vauxhall's

Post by newbie_corsa »

Hi there everyone, my name is Kenny and I have been a follower of Vauxhalls for years and all my previous cars have been Vauxhall's, even converting the wife. We currently drive a Vectra C 1.8, which although is thirsty, is good fun to drive even in standard spec. I have joined this forum to gather information and advice as I am looking at buying my self a Corsa and over the next 12 months turning into my own track day toy. Nothing to serious, just the usual interior mods and maybe an engine change.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Re: I'm a newbie but not to Vauxhall's

Post by andy w »

Welcome buddy so where ya from and ye the corsa is a good choice as a track car or as a daily drive i personally would choose an omega 3l engine as an engine change as it has good power and torque range
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
newbie_corsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by newbie_corsa »

Cheers andy w, I'm from Somerset. Not much going on. Yeah been looking at Omega motors to sling in it, but was worried about weight and that the amount of power from a 3l would only be good for straight line speed. I might try one if I can get one cheap enough.
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Ive seen only one done before mate and they have had no problems so far i would buy a complete car for the parts that's needed buddy
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

I wouldn't use the v6 tbh the 2.0 is plenty for the corsa and it's not too much for corners even on gravel but on gravel my car has very good suspension that I rent as it costs over 2k to buy:lol:

But your on track so uprated suspension with adjustable damping will be fine, still cost 1200 if you want a good brand(gaz golds) or even solid shocks if you think you could stick it

Good wheels is the main One though you want rally slicks, set costs around 500 and they generally knock around 10-20% off your time compared to road tyres

It's a very dear profession if you want to be competitive but it's addictive and great fun
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs: