1998 World Cup Cool from Germany, 6 December 2013

For New & Continuing Projects Only.
NOT for past projects or questions.
DrCorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

1998 World Cup Cool from Germany, 6 December 2013

Post by DrCorsa »

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I'm from Germany (so guys sorry for my english 8) ). I'm 29 and I'm owner of a 1998 Opel Corsa B World Cup Cool with MT5 & x14xe, 5 door.

As well it was a rio-verde green Corsa with a really attractive environment like electrical windows and mirrors, A/C condition, ABS, power steering, 8 alloy wheels, Sony MD player with CD changer and central looking system with remote control in 2004, where I buyed my first car.

Well I'm really sure, You know this problem: there is something, what You really want to have: it's the beginning of each never ending tuning love story :lol: .

My start was with mud flaps, Irmscher central console in wood and Irmscher rear spoiler. Then, one year later Irmscher shok absorbers with Steinmetz springs (30/30 mm) followed :D. With devise "don't stop at the top" the heated seats followed with wood design door handles and wood door applications from Omega. From Vectra B I used interior and exterior door handles in chrome and in car color, then everything outside was painted in z369, new headlamps from Depo in black and the headlamp washer system was installed (jets from Vectra C) without xenon, 'cause it's not legal in B in Germany. More light inside of my car was installed: everything genuine Opel, like door light, rear reading light, sun visor with light from Vectra B for my wife :).... Outside Irmscher grille and Irmscher site blinker were added too. Inside of my Corsa a Opel sat nav NCDR 1100 with CDC 3, AUX and CID was installed and the board computer system was connected :). In rear doors and in the rear window the genuine Opel Vectra A and Corsa B sun blinds were installed. An Irmscher wood steering wheel from an Calibra was installed too :).

Outside: Irmscher twin spoke exclusive (bicolour) alloys in 6x14 followed with 185/60 R14 and an Irmscher exhaust too. As well I hate the genuine brake system with small discs and stupid drums in the rear. That was a reason for an fine update: Sandtler discs in 256x24 mm (52 mm calipers) with Ferodo pads on the fron axle and Corsa C disc brake system on the rear system (240x10 mm, 34 mm calipers) :D. VX 220 alloy pedals followed like the scandinavian day light relay. Also some years ao Irmscher fog lights were installed on my Corsa.

Next spring I will install my brand new Irmscher site skirts and my Steinmetz front spoiler with the fog light washer system and electrical windows in my rear doors. Also Bosch parking sensors (genuine Opel) then heated seats in the rear and a Autovision DVD player. Then mew music boxes from Bose should be installed Another dream is an x16xe engine in newnew andy maybe someday an x18xe1/z18xe with M32 gearbox...

Next week I install a second genuine winter alloy in new (i like the design of my genuine Opel alloys, but they are really broken after 15 years of using) and two additional weatherstrips from Corsa C an my B. It should gonna be a little lazy on the motorway in my car.

As You can see: I love only 3 companies: genuine Opel/Vauxhall, Irmscher and Steinmetz. I think it will give me the highest quality and best performance as well. In general I love it to use some different parts from another Opel cars like a special dome for the CID from Meriva A. By the way big tuning companies like Irmscher and Steinmetz has great quality of the parts! No cheapy stuff! I buy most of this parts in new quality, not used.

I'm really glad to read Your comments and to discuss with You here in this forum. Please take a look at my pictures too :). Have fun & inspirations too!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Greeting,
Micha
Last edited by DrCorsa on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barraclough
CB-Uk User

Re: 1998 World Cup Cool from Germany, 6 December 2013

Post by Barraclough »

Bloody hell bet all that's kept you busy, looks great!!
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Welcome along mate:)

Car is looking good, alot of oem mods that improve the look so much
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Hi and welcome buddy see you have busy then lol glad to see another Río Verde 5 door simular to mine hope to heat more :D
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
andy w
CB-Uk User

Post by andy w »

Also love the German ebay they have some brilliant irmsher stuff available for corsa b as well :D
If it ain't green and black send it back :D
-Dreamdancer-
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by -Dreamdancer- »

Welcome Michael

Nice to see, that some corsa-tigra.de members find the way to the vauxhal forums :D
I have seen your rio verde corsa at the corsa-tigra forum. Very cool corsa and some great genuine modifications and improves.
Like the OEM Style

Nice time here. And if you write and read here, you will learn the other language very quick :D

best regards from another german corsa owner ( DarkCorsa666 from corsa-tigra)
DrCorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DrCorsa »

Hello!

Thank you guys. Yes, OEM style rules :). Ant it's really true at German ebay you can find some cool Irmscher parts. It's hard time for all tuners in Europe and Irmscher close the factory in Germay, so You can buy some really cheap parts.

DarkCorsa666: i know your Corsa too at corsa-tigra.de, hehe.

Best regards,
Michael
DrCorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DrCorsa »

Hello!

Today I glued additional weatherstrips from Corsa C on my B. Really nice parts. On this weekend an motorway test will follow :D.

Here are 2 links to my pictures:
http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3467 ... ra_jpg.htm
http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3467 ... u4_jpg.htm

Greeting,
Micha
DrCorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: 1998 World Cup Cool from Germany, 13 December 2013

Post by DrCorsa »

Hello!

I have 2 genuine new Corsa alloys on the german passenger site. Additionally the alloys were coated by my painter with clear coat. Unbelievable, but genuine GM alloys were painted with clear coat only on the front site! With the years the brake dust goes int the metal of the alloy wheels. Hate it. Additionally my genuine alloys were really broken after 15 years of using.

Image Image Image Image

Enjoy my pics,
Micha
raymod
CB-Uk User

Post by raymod »

good work

can any of you guys get hold of a right side headlamp washer i have the left but cant get hold of the right
DrCorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DrCorsa »

Hey mate,

you can usw two of left jets. I think they are really same. You can order genuine Corsa B parts at Opel-classic-parts or you can use Vectra C predacelift parts.

Greering,
Micha
raymod
CB-Uk User

Post by raymod »

Ok mate many thanks ill get a left jet as they are still available over here many thanks
DrCorsa
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by DrCorsa »

Hey,

you can carefully change the position of the nozzles in the jet with a small screwdriver for slotted grub screws. It works because the nozzleballs are just pressed in the jet body and not glued inside of this part. Just try it, it's easy.

Greeting,
Micha
raymod
CB-Uk User

Post by raymod »

sorted mate ill give it ago