Leccy Windows

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

Ok, I wanna do a leccy window conversion over summer (I finish college in two weeks so need somethnig to do!)

I checked my loom, and I DO NOT have the correct wires to simply transfer over the switches and motor etc.

I now have two options. Pull the loom out of a GSi that is sat in the scrappy atm or wire in the windows myself.

I\'ve heard that pulling the loom out of the GSi will be alot of hassle, so I thought about wiring it up myself. It cant be that hard can it, A feed to the battery then to the fuse box?

Has anyone attempted this before without the loom - any advice. Im well up for it, I just need a push in the right direction :thumbs:

Cheers all
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

Noone tried this then? :lol:
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Katie_GSi »

Nope but i might have a GSi loom if u want one?
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

Ooo very tempted. If you can figure out how to pull it out, and then tell me where it goes once you do, I\'ll habe it :D

Cheers
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by punkheadgray »

reckon laying a complete loom would be a nightmare, its gotta be easier to just run a wire from the battery onto a seperate fuse (trying to use the standard one is neat but pain in arse i should think) cant be that hard idve thought??
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

[quote=\"punkheadgray\"]reckon laying a complete loom would be a nightmare, its gotta be easier to just run a wire from the battery onto a seperate fuse (trying to use the standard one is neat but pain in arse i should think) cant be that hard idve thought??[/quote]]

well thats my plan at the moment. I just want to get my hands on the Motors and switched etc (or at least some pictures of it all) so I can get my head round it before I lay any money down at the scrappy.

IF all the wiring is loose and easy to see what does what, then I should be able to wire it all up myself, but if its all internal in looming etc, then it will be a right bugger!

Cheers peeps
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by punkheadgray »

should be pretty straight forward, dont think theres any internal parts, just 3 wires on each motor forward reverse and earth i spose. you cant really f**k it up. if you aint sure just run a wire to the battery, put a fuse on it, and play around with wiring switchs and motors before installing it all :wink:
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

Will do. I think the first thing I will do is get hold of some GSi door pockets and doorhandles (for the switches) and once I can make sure that they are easy to wire up, i then have the option of getting the proper corsa motors etc or a cheapo universal kit off ebay (it all depends on price. Student :lol:)

Katie Gsi - are you splitting a GSi? could you get me all of these bits? How much would you ask for?

Thanks all.
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by punkheadgray »

id go for the original motors mate, universal kit would probs require drilling etc,
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

Well again that depends on how the corsa ones are built. The uni ones are built to be wired up in the way in which I intend to do it, and the corsa ones are intended to be plugged into a loom.

This is why I need to get my hands on a GSi kit, or some photos!

THanks again mate
Breeze
CB-Uk User

Leccy Windows

Post by Breeze »

Well Scrappy man wants £30 for the doorpocket, door handle and switches, and £75 for the full kit with motors etc.

For now thats waaaay out of my wallet, and I have more important stuff to be spending my money on unfortunately :(

I\'ll wait till payday and reconsider, although this scrappy is known for charging pretty nasty prices so I\'ll keep my eyes open at other scrappys and see what turns up.

Cheers