Hello Everyone

Post a little about yourself & also about your car(s) in here!
natrajc
CB-Uk Newbie

Hello Everyone

Post by natrajc »

Just got me a 1.4 GLS.

Of course, it's bagged an Opel, that being GM's naming convention in India. Also, it's the sedan version as manufactured in Brazil. A different cup of tea compared to what you gents have there, but pretty much the same under the skin.

Looked around for a good place to learn some stuff (tinkering around under the bonnet is in the blood) and this seemed the best pace to be.

So here we are..

Look forward to learning from the abundance of knowledge that is SO apparent on this forum.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by johnny »

Welcome along :) get a few pics of the car up, any plans for it
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
natrajc
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by natrajc »

Thanks for the welcome!

Immediate plans involve upgrading the gear linkage, as it just gave way on me last evening. Aftermarket kit used to get it going again, but gears are now REALLY hard to engage.

Contemplating the LED dash, stiffer springs all round, and hopefully customs duties will not pay foul with bigger plans of importing a few aftermarket bolt on performance parts from the UK..

Headers and a remapping to start off, followed by a stand alone controller hopefully following not too much later.

Pictures to follow soon.
corsaez
CB-Uk User

Post by corsaez »

Welcome, if you need advice or help just ask, always someone on here that has an answer or the right advice.
I would love to see this car, i didnt know they did a sedan version of the corsa, so plenty of pics please.
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Do you get the convertible corsa over there ? There badass:) if i had the money id import one lol
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
gazza_no7
CB-Uk User

Post by gazza_no7 »

Hello and welcome dude :D
natrajc
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by natrajc »

johnny wrote:Do you get the convertible corsa over there ? There badass:) if i had the money id import one lol
Unfortunately no convertible was ever sold here. Pity...

We got three variants: the hatch - three and five door, the sedan and the estate.

Three engines as well: 1.4 and 1.6 petrols and the 1.8 diesel.

There was a 1.7 TDI initially, but that disappeared. Questions regarding the same were answered with a "those were from the Astra, not being sold in the corsa anymore" and nothing much else..

The performance, surprisingly, between the two petrols were pretty much the same, so most people opted for the 1.4 in view of fuel economy.

Not sure if pics go here or in the pictures of your car section, so will post once I figure.

Once again thank you everyone for the warm welcome and offers for help, much appreciated.
natrajc
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by natrajc »

Link to picassa with a few pictures posted in the "pictures" section, sorry for taking that long
cornishtaz1
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by cornishtaz1 »

Hi and welcome