Newbie woman, hopeless with cars!!

Post a little about yourself & also about your car(s) in here!
Carmen
CB-Uk Newbie

Newbie woman, hopeless with cars!!

Post by Carmen »

Hi Gents

I thought I better introduce myself, as I get the feeling I will annoy you all at some point in the future, asking stupid questions, trying to keep my car running!

My name is Carmen or Carm, I'm a wife and Mum of 3 boys, living in the West Mids. I have an M reg Corsa B, which is currently in a garage waiting to be resurrected (yet again). It's getting expensive, so I need to "man-up" and get my hands dirty. :meh:

In the last 6 months, she's had new sparks, distributor cap, rotor arm, battery, HT leads, carb, brakes. I'm now waiting on a crankshaft sensor, as it hasn't started in about 6 weeks, and by process of elimination I'm REALLY hoping this is the reason why! If we get it running again, next on the list is replacing the indicator stalk (stuck on main beam), cd player (it's got the original tape deck still), speakers (between Dave Grohl and me, they are toast - :lol: ) and probably an oil change when it's warmer and I feel brave enough!

So, as you see, I'm going to be relying on the brilliant information I constantly find myself being directed to here, whenever I Google. :D As a warning, I'm the ditzy brunette in the car spares shop who, when asked "what model corsa luv?" says "green?"

Thanks in advance...

Carm :)
Corsa_Joe
CB-Uk Newbie

Re: Newbie woman, hopeless with cars!!

Post by Corsa_Joe »

Welcome ;)
diggerhole
CB-Uk User

Post by diggerhole »

Indicators stalk is easy. Get a new one from ebay. Dont bother with second hand. Turn stearing wheel 90 degrees each way to remove screws behind it. Three screws under it. Remove cowling. Press clips to slide out stalk. Remove grey clip holding connecter in place. Remove electricsl connection. Reverse procedure to put back in. Ta Da. Tools needed no2 pozidrive and medium flat bladed screwdriver

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
wilco21
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by wilco21 »

hi welcome i'm new to the forum as well but i am a mobile mechanic so feel free to message me if u need help i wont be able to get to u but i'm sure i can give advise on here
WILCO OVER AND OUT
Carmen
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by Carmen »

Hi guys

Thank you so much for your helpful advice and warm welcome. I'm afraid my lovely little corsa liberated from my care by some nasty little scrotes a couple of weeks back. No sightings from the police, looks like she's gone for good. A neighbour got them on cctv, but the police haven't even bothered to pick the evidence up or take any statements.

I'm out car shopping later this week, if I get another corsa, I know where to come!

Bye! :(