2000 Corsa B 16v Spares or repairs

If you would like to advertise your car for sale in here, please ensure you follow the Forum Rules.
nath2905
General Moderator

2000 Corsa B 16v Spares or repairs

Post by nath2905 »

Here for sale i have a 2000 W reg Vauxhall/Opel Corsa B
i brought this back in january just as a run about while my other car was off the road for a bit of work,
i brought it with a minor running issue,
i got that sorted with just a sensor,
then after a few month's of running the car the oil light stayed on a bit when first started then went off after about 30 second's to a 1 minute,
but about 3 week's ago it never went off one time, and no oil was circulating so i stopped the running of the vehicle and took it off the road where i had someone to take it apart to find the problem,
the problem was found it had a siezed oil pump, so that was not spinning the oil to the top of the engine,
after we found this i have tried to get one from Vauxhall and they are way out of my price range seen as it was only for running about in,
so you are buying a car that need's a oil pump and rebuilding to run again, i have also brought a second hand engine side plate as that was damaged too, i shall leave that in the car too, you could just go a local scrap yard and get one, but i havent got time for that as i work all hour's and they are shut sunday's

NOTE THE PICTURE OF THE ENGINE IS NOT HOW IT IS NOW, IT HAS PARTS OFF IT

the car has covered just around 64,000 miles, it was one of the quietest 16v Corsa's i think i have heard, until the oil pump problem,
it has tax until the end of June,
the MOT ran out on the 7th of April,
i even got it checked for MOT before the oil pump problem, and all that was found, was it need's a front tyre as it has slight edge wear,
it does have 4 alloy's i brought it one brand new which i shall give with this car, there is also one in the boot, which shall need a tyre but the two back wheel's have good tyre's so would just need swapping over,
i also have brought another 2 centre cap's which i shall put in as they are no use to me, and the car only has 3 at the moment with out the other 2,

the car is 12 year's old and has not just rolled out of the factory, so it is not like brand new but it is a good shell,
no floor rot, no sill root or rear arch's, it has rust bubbles on the bottom of both back door's nothing major,
it also has a key scratch down the driver's side, and rust on top on the driver's wing, i have tried my best with the picture's
it has a aerosol square painted on the front bumper, which was on before, few scratches on the bumper too,
also some time in its life it has had a MINOR front end knock, just looks like it damaged one light as they are slightly different, and just caught the front panel but that has been put back in the correct place,

i have load's of receipt which the last owner gave to me

viewing is welcome if you contact me,
the car is NOT running so you wont be able hear it, but i have never heard a 16v as quiet as this,
there are NO garentee's thats, why it is Spares or Repair's
i need this gone as it is not on my drive, and taking up someone else's space
this will need either towing or trailering away, it has tax so can be parked on the road anywhere

no tyre kicker's who expect it for 100 pound as it worth more than that scrap,
its a shame to scrap it as its dont no miles, its a idea first car if there is someone capable of fixing it,
or could be made to a sleeper, with a RedTop

Nath 300 pound ONO
The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange!

B/B Bonnet Guide ..
http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=17679

Holidays Are Coming....
nath2905
General Moderator

Re: 2000 Corsa B 16v Spares or repairs

Post by nath2905 »

sold pending collection
The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange!

B/B Bonnet Guide ..
http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=17679

Holidays Are Coming....