Standard Head Unit? Help!

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

iXiiN
CB-Uk Newbie

Standard Head Unit? Help!

Post by iXiiN »

Okay, sick of searching, searched the forums and google for almost an hour and a half, so just going to make a new thread.

The standard head unit in my corsa is an "Optimus" branded head unit, which apparently according to google, pretty much doesn't exist, so does anyone know the RMS output of them?

My car has no rear speakers, although it has the wiring for them, if it makes any difference at all.
I'm thinking of buying some new speakers for in the door, and here's my dillema. Obviously, you shouldn't overpower speakers, but you shouldn't underpower them over a long period of time either as it can damage them, blah blah, I know the basics, but I'm getting a new headunit late august so was wondering if it would be okay to get a set of 35w RMS speakers now? The current standard speakers are 40w max so probably a draw a rediculously small amount of power.

Not going to amp them as that would be pointless, not even worth it for a set of £30 speakers, at least until I have more use for the amp when I get my new sound system in a few months.

It'll be either these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-SXE-1...0594085&sr=1-5

Or these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XS-F132...0595661&sr=1-8

What do you guys think?
Need help asap if poss cause I wanna get these speakers ordered tonight :)
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Re: Standard Head Unit? Help!

Post by PRICER »

it doesnt really matter to be honest what speakers you buy for your doors watt' wise, as your headunit is never going to blow decent after market speakers and under powering them isnt 'bad' either, your links dont work, probably because its been neally a week since you posted but either way just make sure they're the right size think its got to be 13mm to fit a corsa door hole.
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]