scum

General Banter & Off-Topic chat.
toneee
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by toneee »

Just got back from manchester today, went to see bloc party at manchester academy last night. Stopped in a hotel over night so id parked my car in a multi story over night (night porters and CCTV) and when i arrive at my car ready to travel back up to cumbria the next morning some thieving scum has smashed in my rear passenger side window, unlocked the door, ripped off my glove compartment and stolen all my CD\'s (bout £100 worth) and 1 two way radio (useless without the other one!) luckily didnt leave my head unit fascia or anything else valuable in the car, and they even had the cheek to use MY screwdriver from the boot to rip open my glovebox! And even though theres CCTV and night porters at this place, no one got caught, and my insurance wants £300 excess for damage amounting to less than £200 its a farce. Sad thing is the majority of my CD\'s no one would be interested in (obscure taste in music you see) so I dont know what this filth expects to get for them!
Moral of the story dont park at chorlton street car park over night and dont even bother locking things in your glovebox, its useless!
Tony
coollg
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by coollg »

there are some sad ppl out there, im pritty lucky mine stays in the garage most of the time, n also learning sdo hardly leave it anywhere :D
toneee
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by toneee »

yeah, mine rarely gets left anywhere dodgey and living in cumbria, there isnt really much car crime so im normally alright with leaving my car. Just a bastard that i was only there one night and it still happened to me! Had to drive 2 hours back on the M6 with just a bin bag taped to the window lol, not the quietest of rides
toneee
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by toneee »

nah wont be claiming, wouldnt make sense to, £60 for a new window, and £45 for the glove box door. alot of my CD\'s were copies, bout 25 went, bout 10 of them were geniune though. was gutted
punkheadgray
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by punkheadgray »

that sucks dude, sorry to hear that mate
Katie_GSi
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by Katie_GSi »

awwww hun thats really bad :hug:
amanda
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by amanda »

thats shocking

my friend had a corsa and he parked it up at a retail park (silverlink) and the badger knocked his alarm off took his sound system and stole his alloys leaving it on bricks, in the middle of a busy car park, no one stopped them and no one claimed to have seen it happen
PaulW
Administrator

scum

Post by PaulW »

Chorlton is a real bad area man! Wouldnt be the first time I seen kids throwing bricks at buses round there!

Used to go there a bit in my old corsa, luckily it was completely standard then, but even soo... I took everything out & left the glovebox open with nothing in incase people thought \'ooooh whats in there\'

But excess is poo - be better just go get it fixed elsewhere, least then you dont loose your no-claims too!
All the above comments are deemed an opinion, and in most cases :spam:
toneee
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by toneee »

yeah im doing that, its cheaper to not to claim and pay myself anyway! avin a bloke out to fix the window today. I think locking my glove compartment was a bad idea, think they expected to find my headunit faceplate when they saw it was locked. good idea to leave it open i guess.
coollg
CB-Uk User

scum

Post by coollg »

i only have a £100 excess on mine :S