Alpine CDE-9846R

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Alpine CDE-9846R

Post by Mike_Parr »

So just brought this Alpine CDE-9846R from a bloke at work, £20.

What I want to know is, does it have aux in? At the back I mean. I've got a Aux lead, and fits in the 3.5mm jack at the back, but I dont want to wire it up and put a Aux in it incase it's steering wheel controls!! I've tried googling it but it just comes up with a load of chinese crap. I'll upload pictures sometime next week as i've got work over the weekend.

The port is in the bottom left hand corner at the back of the unit, with the ports for the subs in the bottom right. It seems to have some "thread" on it, almost like a bolt swivels down on it.

I know it's hard to imagine without pictures but i'll upload some asap.

Cheers,

Mike.

p.s. I dont really care if it dont have aux, just be handy if it did.

Found some pictures on some spanish site:

(There it is, to the left of the fuse)
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Re: Alpine CDE-9846R

Post by PRICER »

no it doesnt look as though it has mate,
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

i only ask cause he said he connected his mp3 player to it, but then he turned round and said "he could remember if it was this one or another", but it fits the aux perfectly. Odd, this.
Harkus Wrote: Lol I was actually racing a ford focus going through the tunnels making a noise was 5th missed 4th hit 2nd...at 70mph...driving like lad shifting like a woman LOL :lol:
PRICER
CB-Uk User

Post by PRICER »

you'l have to try it, but it should be in your settings somewhere, the button that you use to swap between radio and CD it should go to say aux, but id say that that jack is for steering wheel controlls to be honest.
TURBO LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY ;)

2.0 16v GSI SPORT TWIN WEBER 45'S AND KENT CAMS :]
Mike_Parr
CB-Uk User

Post by Mike_Parr »

Yeah that's what i'm thinking, yeah never thought about scrolling though tbfh!! Cheers pricer, will try that and tell you ;)

Take care matey.