Post by DanCorsaB91 »

Looks clean mate bet your impressed! 8)
Rip Roaring Dan...
Corsa B Arden Blue...
George611
CB-Uk User

Re: From German To JAP :)

Post by George611 »

Cheers fella :)..yeah i love it just alot of money to run thats all lol propa pain in the ass how much petrol it drinks :| unreal lol
Chrex
CB-Uk User

Post by Chrex »

cracking example. dont try and pull too much from it though as they can run out of strength pretty quick on standard internals. Sure it up...get a couple of safe mods on it...but dont go 'power crazy' as they can be expensive to fix. :)

Decent suspension and tyres and you'll have a cracking time on the twisties...thats where it matters! :)
George611
CB-Uk User

Post by George611 »

Couldnt agree more Chrex i dont want sumit thats rapid in a staight line n poo in the bends because theres too much lag but its getting there now :D n cheers dude :)
Chrex
CB-Uk User

Post by Chrex »

aye...well its not down to lag, as you should be dropping a cog to keep the revs up. its down to keeping the car flat and controllable. Get a decent set of coilovers, replace drop links and maybe think about adjustable arms. Get it handling and leave the engine as much as you can, and uprate the brakes. :) remember, you dont have to worry about getting back up to speed if you dont have to slow down. :roll:
George611
CB-Uk User

Post by George611 »

ahh i seeee...yeh suspension n brakes was 1st on my list trd stiffend shocks are next along with adjustable arb links and whiteline adjustable rear stabaliser bar but its expensive so itl have to wait til i can afford it all lol its handles pretty well as it is anyways i left my mates fiesta st on a set of banked bendy roundabouts last night n hes done the suspension on hes so its all good :)
George611
CB-Uk User

Post by George611 »

Thought id give you a quick update ;)..

since last post..
New set of wheels i refurbed in the garage.
Stripped out with corbeau bucket and harness
New exhaust system
up'd the boost to 12.5psi
Grooved discs and yellow stuff pads up front
New gauges
Removed aircon

Then the shi* hit the fan....
Piston rings on number 4 decided they didnt wanna play anymore so took her off the road for a cheeky rebuild..while she was off road i thought id underseal and what not and discovered this...

so got researching and found that a mk3 fiesta sill is the closest match to standard.

With alot of hassle bending and welding looks like this now...

Ive only just got the chance to get started on the engine...
All the exhaust valves are burnt and piston 4 has about 2mm of movement

when shes back on the road should be running about 210bhp :) updates when shes getting there

Sorry to hijack the forum for this! :D lol
CorsaEdi
CB-Uk User

Post by CorsaEdi »

i love these cars and this is a great example well done also whats your insurance like i was after one but it was 15k for me :(.
If in doubt, flat out
George611
CB-Uk User

Post by George611 »

Cheers dude :) yeh there great little cars, atm my insurance is 1800 on limited millage on my dads policy lol otherwise im looking at about 3000 lol its stupid really im nearly 19 with 2years No claims aswell