Random wires need help plz

Post anything electrical or ICE here. ie, upgrading your stereo, or removing looms etc.

Moderator: Octane2097

beano4390
CB-Uk User

Random wires need help plz

Post by beano4390 »

Hey need someones help.. So the other day I removed my ashtray and cig lighter unit from centre consol and noticed behind it that I had two wires dangling down below stereo look Like they been cut from somewhere they go into a scotch block but don't actually go anywhere... The wires are 1x black and white/ grey and 1x red.. I will get a foto up tomorrow but posting this via my fone so can't upload pic at moment...btw my car is a 1.2 16v sxi... If anyone can help.
Mod's So Far; Smoked Rear Lexus Lights, Black Front Angel eyes, Chrome Side Repeaters, Drilled Airbox With K+N Panel Filter, fli 6x9's and fli 6" Door speakers, 15" alloys, De-badged boot.

To be Done; lower 40mm, Chrome Dial Surrounds.. Paint Brake Calipers & Drums.

More to come when money starts coming in

www.simply-vauxhall.com
www.mnpropertymaintenance.co.uk
beano4390
CB-Uk User

Re: Random wires need help plz

Post by beano4390 »

Made a mistake wires are 1x black / White and 1 x red / grey

Pics arnt brill took them on fone this morning but any help would be great.. They look as if the go towards the iso connector for my stereo but I never notices them when I fitted my Stereo
Mod's So Far; Smoked Rear Lexus Lights, Black Front Angel eyes, Chrome Side Repeaters, Drilled Airbox With K+N Panel Filter, fli 6x9's and fli 6" Door speakers, 15" alloys, De-badged boot.

www.simply-vauxhall.com
beano4390
CB-Uk User

Post by beano4390 »

Done some more digging this morning removed my stereo from
Car and found these wires should go into the connector block for the stereo but wires have been cut for some reason.. Anyone got a clue what these wires are for.. I gonna try and reconnect them next weekend how easy it
It to put wires into the block I havnt got a clue how to do it and the existing wires from block are cut to short to use..

www.simply-vauxhall.com
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

does every thing on your stereo, dash and mfd work mate?
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!
beano4390
CB-Uk User

Post by beano4390 »

Yea everything works.. All I can think of is I get poo radio signal so could it to be summat with radio reception.. Or ppl say when you fit a aftermarket radio you lose the date on the mfd but I don't the date is always displayed on myn with radio on or off... When I get some spare tym I myt Just reconnect the wires and see what happens... ( but like I said I need to put new wires into the connecting block can this be done?) Unless anyone can shine a bit
Of light on this matter..

www.simply-vauxhall.com
jordyp
CB-Uk User

Post by jordyp »

have you got a cig lighter? and does it work they might be for that mate
1997 White Corsa Merit 1.2 8v - Sold!

Now Red 11Plate MK6 Vauxhall Astra Elite 1.6

Scotvoc.co.uk/f -Scottish Vauxhall Owners Club
beano4390
CB-Uk User

Post by beano4390 »

Hey yea got cig lighter and it works... I tried to connect the wires back up but the wires in the iso connector For the stereo are to short or my fingers and too big... Can you remove the wires from The iso to add new if so how and how easy is it? Ita really bugging me now cause I wanna know what it is.. Lol

www.simply-vauxhall.com
jordyp
CB-Uk User

Post by jordyp »

if youve got a multi meter or know someone who has got one then you can get them to check the voltage and continuety if nothing then trace it back to find out where there coming from mate
1997 White Corsa Merit 1.2 8v - Sold!

Now Red 11Plate MK6 Vauxhall Astra Elite 1.6

Scotvoc.co.uk/f -Scottish Vauxhall Owners Club