NOT for past projects or questions.
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Re: Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

Spent an hour at the corsa earlier

Picked up some wiring connectors the other night

They will be ok for a few jobs I've gotta do

Raided the some off cuts of coolant hoses so got round to plumping the remaining few up. Only thing is I'm still waiting on the jubilee clips from eBay bought 2 multi packs which will be ideal.

My 3.5 tailpipe arrived can't wait to get this welded on looks superb. Perfect choice for a corsa I think

Depending on weather tomorrow Al get the drive shafts and anti roll bar refitted hopefully the items I need arrive tomorrow and Al finish the fuel lines and get the coolant hoses all connected for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

What's the idea with re routing the coolant tank? Think it looks better there, just wondering was there a reason

There the same crimps I use for near all wiring in cars aswell they make life much easier instead of soldering or risking fire
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
It needed replacing anyway :thumbs:
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

johnny wrote:What's the idea with re routing the coolant tank? Think it looks better there, just wondering was there a reason

There the same crimps I use for near all wiring in cars aswell they make life much easier instead of soldering or risking fire
The standard b one doesnt fit in the original place due to the fuel regulator needed for this conversion. Quite like it there also looks a lot tidyer and less cramped in the bay.

Aww so they shall be ok for the wiring to the ecu then? Being a 1.0 shell I ran the wiring I need for conversion I need into foot well to a corsa sport multi plug

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

Yeah I've been using them for years, just get a good pair of crimpers so it gets a proper squeeze

You went for the z18xe then? Any reason why instead of an x18xe
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

johnny wrote:Yeah I've been using them for years, just get a good pair of crimpers so it gets a proper squeeze

You went for the z18xe then? Any reason why instead of an x18xe
Isn't the x18xe a big block? I bought the z18xe mistaking it for an x18xe1 but it's the same basic unit expect a bit more modern and fly by wire. Just need a vectra b x18xe1 loom ecu transponder chip throttle body and assorted sensors and engine should be running.

It's running the 1.0 flywheel clutch and gearbox atm and the x20xev intake pipe are only mods atm. Long term I'm hoping for gsxr bike carbs standalone managment and possibly cams

johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

The x18xe is small block same block as the X14xe and X16xe bar the obvious difference

Will you not need a z18xe ecu and loom to run the flyby throttle and extras that an x18 doesn't have, 1.0 box should give lots of low end power it'll lack top speed but I think they spin to about 110mph

Give it a good run in as standard first anyway before going for more power, seen plenty of times people doing minimul run in and the engine give up after uping the power, done it myself on a 1.3 micra we bought it for peanuts and ran it for all of half an hour before trying to fit a turbo from a glanza, ran for about 2 mins and just melted the bores [emoji38]
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
johnny
Senior Moderator

Post by johnny »

My bad actually what I was think of was a guy who had a bored X16xe with a x18xe1 head the x18xe is a big block motor
If it doesn't fit,
force it,
If it breaks,
stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

If its a big block engine how is he running a 1.0 gearbox?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

From what I can work out on astra forums etc

The x18xe is the later version of the mk3 astra c18xe actually looks the same as a ecotec x20xev 2.0

The x18xe1 was found in vectras b astra g and Zafira and is a small block there cable operated and 115bhp

The z18xe 125bhp is also in Astra g Zafira corsa c sri and probs newer cars but same basic engine as a xe1 it has a better inlet and cams than a xe1

To get round the fly by wire issue I'm going to try source a xe1 loom throttle body ecu transponder and chip crank sensor and cam sensor and knock sensor hopefully the 1.0 box lasts lol

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

I'd imagine the 1.0 box will last as long as you drive it like a 1.0 lol

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Haha now where would the fun be in that? Lol

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Following on from yesterday the jubilee clips I ordered from online arrived nice and early so cracked on with fitted them all today and getting the hoses all secure

Then my next issue the sensor on the raidator wasn't present forgot that I had bought a new rad so needed the sensor from old one luckily it's fairly new looking so whipped the rad back out fitted then refitted rad back into the engine bay

Next problem was needed to extend the wiring so the plug would reach so got that done also

Now the coolant system was nearly done I had thought about running the fan on the original look but opted for a button mounted on the dash so I can run it on when I so wish so that meant more wiring

So got it all wired in and it's working well then I thought what if I need to remove the rad I've just hard wired it in place so raided the garage looking thro an assortment of looms and found a nice little plug I could use

Perfect now it's quick realise if needed. Thought that was very clever

Next up was the return fuel line into the fuel pressure regulator ends taped up and jubilees fitted still waiting on the t piece to join into the feed line

And to finish it off I topped it up with coolant and water 50/50 mix and yep at 1st there was a couple leaks but all sorted now thankfully

Pleased with how today went took my time routing the wiring and hoses best I could actually forgot to get the shafts in and anti roll bar on but shall get on with that next time

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

When I get my Corsa running we can see who's gearbox lasts the longest hah

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Had a couple hours spare earlier so went out in the cold to the corsa

1st up got the fuel lines completed as my t piece arrived

Due to it being Xmas not had much spare cash left but got a couple small items anyways wiper blades a CD player couple Tins of paint for a couple small jobs

Next up I painted the rocker cover silver so it looked a bit better then thought it needed some sort of cover for the coilpack since I don't like the standard one I cut a plastic xe on I had up to suit not 100 percent sure on it tho what's everyone's thoughts?

Also got CD player installed but the wiring is needing Redone behind it some hacked it the old one up

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Rocker cover looks awesome