Post by Cmcorsa »

Love some ebay bargains lol

Should keep me busy when they all arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Re: Silver corsa b envoy 12v

Post by Cmcorsa »

Gear linkage take 2 lol what a morning it's been just seems like everything was against me but I now have 5 functioning gears so happy days

So this is the problem here

Old ones back on

Not best condition but Al try find corsa b replacements also had an issue with part that connects to the rod that goes to gear stick so re shaped and new nut and bolt

So after a bit fiddling got it back in place and used the 2 drill bits and only had 2 gears. Seemed quite annoying at the time but got my mate round n held the sick in nauteral and I set them up manually and that's all 5 and reverse working

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Quick update guys so the 1.2 8v mount arrived and it lines up!! My genius plan of using an early mount on the block onto a corsa type 2 xe mount was perfect just waiting on the nova rubber 8v raidator slimline fan and corsa c expansion bottle to arrive hopefully tomorrow

Thanks more progress soon

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Few more bits arrived sadly nothing shiney or colourful yet lol but guess there important of not glamorous so mr postman dropped off the nova rubber and corsa c expansion bottle off today and and some opel stickers arrived from Poland.

So 1st up was to get the engine mounted properly but does anyone know if I running 8v drivers side mount will I need a 8v gearbox mount? Engine seems too far to passenger side

Trying figure out where to mount this and how to mount any ideas?

So decided to get it off the ramps see how low engine sits now it's no supported from underneath

Quite low springs to mind lol luckily coilovers are on the watch list along with few other bits for engine a corsa c stainless 421 manifold and sportex system properly the only performance things for the time being.

And since running 1.0 starter clutch flywheel etc I decided to hook battery up and see if would turn over still no loom yet was half expecting a crunch or nothing but turns over!!

https://vimeo.com/148508334

Couple snaps I took

Next up was taking some tatty badge less mudflaps quick clean

Add an opel badge

And boom fully opel exterior

So still waiting on rad and fan to arrive and props be more stuff ordered tomorrow depending on money. Bm needs some money spent on it also and there's plenty drift practise days coming up over the winter so swaying to finish corsa or go have fun lol

baker25
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by baker25 »

Where and how much did you pay for the opel badges for rear and mud flaps mate?

North East meets need to be arranged
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

I already had the rear on the boot grab handle from a previous corsa and the mudflap ones are wheel badge stickers from eBay 3quid odd I think bud

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Cooling fan arrived today nice 12" slimline from eBay also ordered a t piece a various jubilee clips so I can finally complete the engine bay of hoses and fuel lines etc thought about going for blue silicone hoses but want it oem looking so sticking with the stock vauxhall items. So with that in mind I also purchased a x20xev inlet pipe as heard thats a good upgrade for the 1.8s and ramair air filter will be a nice sutble mod. Didn't quite have enough for a manifold but that's going need to be next priority tho so I ordered a Hoffman race tube centre section Al make up my own front section and for the rear I was going use a Hoffman 2.5" slash cut but don't like the look so ordered a bad box a 3.5" outward rolled tip I can weld onto it should look and sound pretty good anyway.

Also getting these off my sister for Xmas so I can run the rear nice and low gaz ajustable Classic mini rear struts

Not sure what to do with front brake and suspension set up but that's something I can sort once I get engine bay finished a loom ecu etc wired up and exhaust done.

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

nice update man. what rear springs you using with the mini shocks??

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Currently on cut 40mm springs but I've emailed coilsprings.co.uk for some 110mm rears but might try the local stock car track try find some stock rod ones

My centre section arrived today only ordered yesterday. Still waiting on my rad though.

Been having an issue trying find the correct ecu every time I check the scrappies they seem to be taken or the keys missing and everytime I message sellers on eBay and ask is that for a cable type 1.8 they saw Aww it dont matter they work on both type of engine but personally I highly doubt that. So after a very late night doing some browsing I've maybe sorted a not so cheap solution

1st up involves the 1.8 big block inlet flange I think it's actually the same as small block I checked again an inlet gasket online but could easily redrill the holes

Next up is some gsxr 600 bike carbs

And lastly an ignition only ecu will also need a coil pack crank sensor a trigger wheel and leads

So what's everyone thoughts on a 1.8 on bike carbs only ever seen another on throttle bodies and budget doesn't allow for them. Couple them with a decent exhaust manifold should see good gains I'm hoping anyway. Will make a decision in next few weeks if I should go for this over the stock injection

stanc3w0rks
CB-Uk User

Post by stanc3w0rks »

Will you ask that crowd on postage to Ireland about the springs mate. Didn't know you were going on carbs :D

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Love the idea off carbs buddy nice one!!! [emoji57] what about r1 carbs or will they be too powerful??

charliearmi
CB-Uk User

Post by charliearmi »

I never ever normally read threads word to word but man.. Im loving this one.. Just some how you go into every little detail is just quality man.. Keep it up buddy :)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Thanks for the replies always make it more worthwhile

Yeah Al ask them for you stanceworks

Nathcarr I read online that 600 be ideal for the 1.8 r1 on a redtop for sure though I just love the noise of carbs especially on a 16v motor

Thanks Charliearmi I never usually do a build thread but wanted this one to be a little different thanks though [emoji106]

nathcarr
CB-Uk User

Post by nathcarr »

Cmcorsa wrote:Thanks for the replies always make it more worthwhile

Yeah Al ask them for you stanceworks

Nathcarr I read online that 600 be ideal for the 1.8 r1 on a redtop for sure though I just love the noise of carbs especially on a 16v motor

Thanks Charliearmi I never usually do a build thread but wanted this one to be a little different thanks though [emoji106]

Ahhh that's fare enough mate, yeah carbs are awesome, I can't wait to here this running with them on buddy [emoji106]

Cmcorsa
CB-Uk User

Post by Cmcorsa »

Don't know where I'm getting the motivation atm but the raidator and x20xev inlet pipe arrived today didn't plan on going out to the car as weather looked crap but I got bored rather quickly still waiting on a few other bits and pieces arriving aswell.

New 1.4 8v rad I got for a bargain 15quid

Then whipped out the 12 slimline fan I got and noticed it slightly too big for the 4 fixing ties to fit so I had to turn and only run 2 seems solid enough I hope

So got it fitted and all the hoses fitted up

Zafira top hose

And the rest are corsa hoses

So as some as u knew I'm in 2 minds on what to do with the engine swap hold out for a proper ecu set I need and loom etc or go mad and run gsxr 600 carbs with standalone management so decided yesterday to find out more and was sent to a website called Motorsport electronics where I could select the ecu set I need along with the revelant sensors and fittings total cost is just over £400 pound so I'm going need to save up for that part then get a manifold made and set up on rolling road. So with that in mind I really want to do it but will have to really need to safe for a couple month. Ideally want the car running before next year if I can and a guess better to run it standard 1st see if I have any issues as I bought it untested.

So fitted the x20xev intake pipe and rest of induction system to a standard airbox

Safe to say I'm very pleased with the overall oem look! Just missing a manifold and wiring then once top up fresh oil filters and mini service should be good to try start or at least that's the plan.

A grommet onto the rusty but solid bootlid removes the rear wiper they marks I need to sort and paint on the bootlid and redo the spoiler

Thanks for looking that rounds off today's update